OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Elvis was cool in his early days, his later drug taking days was really disappointing. He ended up as a parody, such a shame.

Well, that's certainly the impression we get from the media, but it doesn't really stand up to scrutiny. Elvis was making fantastic music right up until his death. Think of the single Moody Blue. It was released a month before his death. And it's a fantasic record that's still very popular. And if you look at the recording of his last concert, musically it's excellent. He does fluff his words on some songs - but he always did that. Even as a young man he had difficulty remembering the lines of songs. Of course the drugs did make that worse over time. And really other singers and bands were just as bad as him when it came to drug abuse. I think what really gets people is his weight. And even that wasn't as bad as people make out. I'm not defending his drug abuse. He had everything to live for - particularly his young daughter. All I'm saying is the media narrative on his final years is not really justified.

Last edited:

Fink

PI Member
Threads
Well, that's certainly the impression we get from the media, but it doesn't really stand up to scrutiny. Elvis was making fantastic music right up until his death. Think of the single Moody Blue. It was released a month before his death. And it's a fantasic record that's still very popular. And if you look at the recording of his last concert, musically it's excellent. He does fluff his words on some songs - but he always did that. Even as a young man he had difficulty remembering the lines of songs. Of course the drugs did make that worse over time. And really other singers and bands were just as bad as him when it came to drug abuse. I think what really gets people is his weight. And even that wasn't as bad as people make out. I'm not defending his drug abuse. He had everything to live for - particularly his young daughter. All I'm saying is the media narrative on his final years is not really justified.

It's not media narrative it's how I felt.

Top Bottom