Eamon O Cuiv sacked from FF front bench.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Oh ye, I forgot about that. Now that really was bizarre. Do you think De Valera ever imagined that a Fianna Fáil TD would say "not just women have babies" in the Dáil?

I think he was probably trolling the Liberatti.

Threads
I remember standing on the edge of the Bogside in 1996 attending a riot ( I was an observer, your Honour).
It was during the Drumcree riots and about 1 in the morning. The Brits had just fired 3000 plastic bullets in one street in 3 days.
Anways, I looked over my shoulder and there was Eamon O Cuiv, alone and leaning against a wall like a corner boy watching us.
He had driven probably 5 hours from his town to see the sitcheaycion for himself.
There were other examples in which he earned respect from me. That was just one.
He is an honourable man. (though his remarks last week about "not just women have babies" was off the wall)
Yeah theres a few, maybe Michael Fitzmaurice, Mattie McGrath , Carol Nolan and any real pro lifers

He's not the worst, but he's a Mass Immigrationist.
It's a few years back, but I remember that in a speech or Dail contribution he even claimed that Mass Immigration would strengthen the Irish language.
Which is one of the stupidest things ever uttered on the subject.

OP
OP
SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
He's not the worst, but he's a Mass Immigrationist.
It's a few years back, but I remember that in a speech or Dail contribution he even claimed that Mass Immigration would strengthen the Irish language.
Which is one of the stupidest things ever uttered on the subject.
As Myles said he is capable on occasion of saying incredibly stupid stuff. The problem is that the Dail is packed with utter out and out nihilists- and he isn't a nihilist. Though they are utter gobshytes I also am fond of the Healy Raes because they to are are not nihilists the way that Martin, Mary Lou and Leo Little Girls' Socks are. Anyway the hardcore Multicultists are planning soon to go after the Gaelscoilenna which might well change his views on the matter.

Macushla

PI Member
Threads
O Cuiv was set to retire. This was unnecessarily heavy-handed. Who knows, maybe this will give him new impetus to oust Martin from the backbenchs. We know he once had leadership ambitions. He has a propensity for independent thought, which is vital in a leader. Did Martin just make the biggest mistake of his career? Did he turn a retiring colleague into a dangerous rival? After all, O Cuiv has nothing left to lose.

Macushla

PI Member
Threads
I'd agree with you, except that FF seems to be the only large party that contains any human beings at all.
Until we get a new party off the ground, a FF led by its conservative wing is best. Most FFers are pro-traditional marriage and pro-life.

Threads
As Myles said he is capable on occasion of saying incredibly stupid stuff. The problem is that the Dail is packed with utter out and out nihilists- and he isn't a nihilist. Though they are utter gobshytes I also am fond of the Healy Raes because they to are are not nihilists the way that Martin, Mary Lou and Leo Little Girls' Socks are. Anyway the hardcore Multicultists are planning soon to go after the Gaelscoilenna which might well change his views on the matter.
Quite right. I have lost count of the number of times I have heard slurs against those Irish parents who wish their children to be educated in a school that values Irish culture. The Mass Immigrationists even accuse those schools of not admitting foreign children,. which is a damnable lie.

Top Bottom