Eamon O Cuiv sacked from FF front bench.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
My better half is both depressed and I can tell angry over this because he deeply admires Eamon O' Cuiv. I won't say I deeply admire him but I do admire him. Whatever can be said against him he has a deep commitment to Ireland and is a deeply caring moral man with a strong sense of duty. He has done a lot for Ulster, and was actually deeply admired towards the end by Paisley Mor, he has also been a fighter for the Irish language. He has also had the courage to go against the Party line when he felt the national interest as really threatened. Even someone as Ultra as Tadgh recognized that he is a Patriot.

Éamon Ó Cuív sacked from Fianna Fáil front bench

D

Deleted member 2544

Non Registered Member
Along with John McGuinness, he is the Fianna Fáil TD I admire most - even though he did make some strange comments a few years back about Ireland rejoining the Commonwealth. I'd say Mícheál Martian was waiting for a chance to get rid of him, though. O'Cuiv doesn't really fit in with Martian's plan to make Fianna Fáil completely indistinguishable from Fine Gael.

OP
OP
SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
Along with John McGuinness, he is the Fianna Fáil TD I admire most - even though he did make some strange comments a few years back about Ireland rejoining the Commonwealth. I'd say Mícheál Martian was waiting for a chance to get rid of him, though. O'Cuiv doesn't really fit in with Martian's plan to make Fianna Fáil completely indistinguishable from Fine Gael.
The Commonwealth is meaningless nonsense at this stage- Zimbabwe is the Commonwealth and if relations between it and the UK could get any worse there would be war. Meanwhile over in the ROI which isn't in the Commonwealth along the Zionist colonial project, the two former colonies that are not- well relations could not be sweeter. He knows all this and it was clearly about giving the Prods a teddy bear as regards a united Ireland. When some people suggest this they are trolling but I think here he was about making an real terms small compromise for a greater good.

Threads
No need to be depressed and angry about this exactly.

It'll be a relief for O' Cuiv and if you think the parliamentary FF party is salvageable (which frankly I don't) then a big fish on the backbenches is traditionally the ideal place for a leadership heave.

O'Cuiv should band together with PT, Nolan and some of the other humanitarians to found another party. Just like old Dev when he broke away with SF.

O'Cuiv shows some daring and backbone after years n' years of painfully faffing about but not organising in the six. I guess Martin had to do it but it just sums up this rancid crew.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
No need to be depressed and angry about this exactly.

It'll be a relief for O' Cuiv and if you think the parliamentary FF party is salvageable (which frankly I don't) then a big fish on the backbenches is traditionally is the ideal place for a leadership heave.

O'Cuiv should band together with PT, Nolan and some of the other humanitarians to found another party. Just like old Dev when he broke away with SF.

O'Cuiv shows dome daring and backbone after years n' years of painfully faffing about and he is immediately dismissed, lol. Just sums up this rancid crew.
He showed massive backbone in opposing a referendum forced on the ROI to legitimize EU vampire stuff. He isn't a charismatic leader or someone particularly imaginative but he has a strong love of country and sense of duty. He has done a lot- for instance during the Troubles he was very concerned about prisoners. He isn't a slimey careerist.

Awoken

PI Member
Threads
Eamonn O Cuiv was very strong on Irelands neutrality. He gave a great speech against the sacrifice of young Irish in a European army. He was a much needed voice against forced death. It's incredible that they have voted that babies being aborted won't be given pain killers. The apocolyptic song of Sybill played at mass up to the 14th century foretold what would happen in the time when babies screamed from their mothers wombs for mercy.

mulligan

PI Member
Threads
This man would be one of the only decent ones in Fianna Fail. What a shame, him and Peader Toibin sidelined at the same time. I believe O'Cuiv was involved in a recent effort to get dissidents to disarm. They respected him from what I seen, they would spit on Adams and Soros Fein. They would laugh at Mary Lou but she wouldnt have the guts to involve herself she doesn't give a fuck.

Threads
I remember standing on the edge of the Bogside in 1996 attending a riot ( I was an observer, your Honour).
It was during the Drumcree riots and about 1 in the morning. The Brits had just fired 3000 plastic bullets in one street in 3 days.
Anways, I looked over my shoulder and there was Eamon O Cuiv, alone and leaning against a wall like a corner boy watching us.
He had driven probably 5 hours from his town to see the sitcheaycion for himself.
There were other examples in which he earned respect from me. That was just one.
He is an honourable man. (though his remarks last week about "not just women have babies" was off the wall)

OP
OP
SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
This man would be one of the only decent ones in Fianna Fail. What a shame, him and Peader Toibin sidelined at the same time. I believe O'Cuiv was involved in a recent effort to get dissidents to disarm. They respected him from what I seen, they would spit on Adams and Soros Fein. They would laugh at Mary Lou but she wouldnt have the guts to involve herself she doesn't give a fuck.
Peader Toibin and him with possibly the Healy Raes (who I actually like a lot in many ways) should consider forming their own Party.

Top Bottom