E Michael Jones - Acceptance or Rejection of Christ

Heraclitus

PI Member
Time to take the gloves off and debunk this "Christ" bollox once and for all.

People can believe what they want, but under no circumstances should this utter nonsense be permitted to sway political discourse.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
It is interesting the way that a lot of the "Jesus Mythicists" draw on Philo of Alexandria who lived around the same time as Our Lord but doesn't mention Him but who's writings very often appear like Christianity as it was known in the second and third centuries A.D. minus the Incarnation. Philo is someone who interests me greatly and I really loathe that he gets labeled a "Hellenistic Jew", certainly he knew all the leading pagan philosophies of his day but his primary concern was the Bible and he though extremely wealthy was close to the Essenes. In fact I think that the whole concept of "Hellenistic Judaism" was something made up later by the Rabbis in order to attack the Christians and their other opponents.

Son_of_Tuathal

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Could you summarize your point to save us looking at a 1 hr video?
You think a 1 hour discourse on the culture wars can be summarized quickly? In any case, it is all about the you-know-whos destroying western civilization, not your cup of tea I dare say.

Sham Fox

The Gulag Party
Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
Time to take the gloves off and debunk this "Christ" bollox once and for all.

People can believe what they want, but under no circumstances should this utter nonsense be permitted to sway political discourse.
OOOOOOOOOOH, gloves off is it.
I reckon EMJ would knock the Dick Carrier out in a Tyson stylee, as he would the retards in the other video you posted.

darkhorse3

PI Member
You think a 1 hour discourse on the culture wars can be summarized quickly? In any case, it is all about the you-know-whos destroying western civilization, not your cup of tea I dare say.
Not at all
But most threads are about a single point
So if you post a 1hr video with no comment as your OP then no one will have a clue what you are on about

Heraclitus

PI Member
It is interesting the way that a lot of the "Jesus Mythicists" draw on Philo of Alexandria who lived around the same time as Our Lord but doesn't mention Him but who's writings very often appear like Christianity as it was known in the second and third centuries A.D. minus the Incarnation. Philo is someone who interests me greatly and I really loathe that he gets labeled a "Hellenistic Jew", certainly he knew all the leading pagan philosophies of his day but his primary concern was the Bible and he though extremely wealthy was close to the Essenes. In fact I think that the whole concept of "Hellenistic Judaism" was something made up later by the Rabbis in order to attack the Christians and their other opponents.
Carrier's analysis rests on far more than just Philo of Alexandria.

Top Bottom