• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Orlared Dublin's new Lord Mayor, Hazel Chu, is living in an episode of Father Ted — sees Nazis everywhere

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
Affectionate satire? When did you decide to become an apologist for incompetence? Christ there are 3 year olds who'd know that tweet was idiocy.
Crybabies are upset because someone treated Chu with a bit of mild satire.

I know you're another one of these guys locked into getting mad over everything the NP does - no matter how trivial - but it'd be nice if you could reign in that tendency.

I wouldn't have risked my account for such a ridiculous character. I think her error is there. But otherwise having a laugh and showing that you have a sense of humour is good -- and I think necessary too.

RealMcCoy

PI Member
Crybabies are upset because someone treated Chu with a bit of mild satire.

I know you're another one of these guys locked into getting mad over everything the NP does - no matter how trivial - but it'd be nice if you could reign in that tendency.

I wouldn't have risked my account for such a ridiculous character. I think her error is there. But otherwise having a laugh and showing that you have a sense of humour is good -- and I think necessary too.
Who are these people getting mad over everything the NP does? Are they on this forum?

I hope so because I've felt like a bit of a voice in the wilderness on this topic.

Pointing out spastication which damages our ability to fight back against the destruction of our nation isn't a tendency, it's patriotism.

20 years later and Barrett is still as much, more actually, of a toxic liability than he was before.

But who cares as long as himself and the new one get to have a bit of a laugh? They know their not going anywhere anyway so why not?

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
Who are these people getting mad over everything the NP does? Are they on this forum?

I hope so because I've felt like a bit of a voice in the wilderness on this topic.

Pointing out spastication which damages our ability to fight back against the destruction of our nation isn't a tendency, it's patriotism.

20 years later and Barrett is still as much, more actually, of a toxic liability than he was before.

But who cares as long as himself and the new one get to have a bit of a laugh? They know their not going anywhere anyway so why not?
I often see you getting red hot mad over the most trivial issues surrounding the NP. This is the latest example. Maybe there's cogent critiques from you that I've missed - if so I apologise. But here you'd swear RB had been caught on closed circuit TV in a ninja outfit delivering a burning cross to the Mansion House.

The party is a very dark party with a death penalty provision. It has a quasi-fascist aesthetic and occasionally commemorates blueshirt figures. It's configured to receive support from people who are fundamentally estranged from the system. It's obviously not configured for squeamish people who get distressed because some low quality politician was mildly satirised.

Having a laugh serves an important political purpose. The liberals toxify certain issues into sacred cows which then become forbidden issues. Satirising these things clears the tension and lets people give permission to themselves to approach these issues again. Satire and laughter are proven and powerful political weapons y'know.

congress_tart

PI Member
Chu's family runs a Chinese restaurant. She uses her mayoral platform to actively plug that restaurant several times (which is absolutely outrageous especially so in what is supposed to be some pandemic emergency and general economic crisis). Civic society still treats her like an Oriental princess though -- totally beyond criticism. She's like a sitcom character.

I would like to met the demographic though that is chilled with the death penalty but is distressed when Chu's actual background as a restaurateur gets a bit of affectionate satire. They would be some madmen alright.
Most don't know her mother owns a restaurant.bthats why it looks bad.

Satur9

PI Member
I take it you agree that Hazel's comments on racial discrimination towards travellers were fully accurate?

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how white Irish people can be racist towards white Irish people.

It's a long wait....
The same way white English people can be racist towards white Irish people. :)

bAd

PI Member
Why is the vast majority of the Irish population so easily led and lack any sense of free thinking or rebellion? We can blame “the media” but there is something fundamentally flawed with the way most Irish are so easily brainwashed.
In part it's because the vast majority of people are generally quite good people and so tend to be quite trusting by nature. The fact that fluoride, a poison known to impair brain function, is added to our water supply goes some way to both answering your question and exemplifying that misplaced trust. The illusion of a free press and free speech ensures a majority of the masses are unknowingly kept in a state of general confusion.

There's also the media induced mind control monster known as political correctness, plus the age old practice of making an example of truth speakers like Julian Assange or Galileo to dissuade others from speaking truth. False 'spiritual' leadership and educational programs that produce a shallow standard of thinking are also key layers which contribute to the lack of synthesis humananity would otherwise benefit from.

Those might be some of the factors that represent the tip of a historically giant shitberg of other, shall we say.. mystery traditions.

Top Bottom