Dublin's crappiest pubs

page61

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What do you think of drink chains ?
Only a handful of producers dominate the choice out there.
There are very few as you pointed out.
Im not a big drinker and dont really go to the pub much (for fear of Yasmina lol) but i would have a few beers at home or with friends . I Buy Irish and there is a healthy choice .
I think pub drinking keeps you stuck on one brand , would you find that?

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
You must be missing her/him/it

Yes , you are right, twice a month would be even generous .. probably once every couple of months .
Weatherspooners are designed for high consumption regular drinkers ..... I remember once in England going into one during the day while over for the weekend, it was packed with the unemployed ...They probably make a good companion for a bookies
I think the all day drinkers are the key to the Wetherspoons business model, they ensure a regular income every day throughout the day when other pubs are empty. So the overheads of the pub can be spread over a lot more people allowing them to keep the price down. Its not just unemployed, you also get retired people popping in for a quiet pint while they read their paper and so on.

But during the evenings Wetherspoons tend to fill up with more normal type of people. My local pub fills up with youngsters of Friday and Saturday nights but on other evenings it has a pretty average type of normal adult employed type of people in.

page61

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the all day drinkers are the key to the Wetherspoons business model, they ensure a regular income every day throughout the day when other pubs are empty. So the overheads of the pub can be spread over a lot more people allowing them to keep the price down. Its not just unemployed, you also get retired people popping in for a quiet pint while they read their paper and so on.

But during the evenings Wetherspoons tend to fill up with more normal type of people. My local pub fills up with youngsters of Friday and Saturday nights but on other evenings it has a pretty average type of normal adult employed type of people in.
Thankfully Weatherspoons are so far confined to the shitty center .. i would not imaging many pensioners popping into dub city for a quiet pint.

Myles O'Reilly

Top Bloke
Donator
PI Member
Thankfully Weatherspoons are so far confined to the shitty center
No they ain't. In fact they only just opened their first one in the city. They've been in Dun Laoighre, Blackrock and Swords for a few years now.

Myles O'Reilly

Top Bloke
Donator
PI Member
Has anyone tried out the wetherspoons in Dublin?
The Silver Penny? Went in the other day and it was black with people. Absolutely packed to the rafters at about 2 in the afternoon.

Nice building with a few different areas. They're building another one in the city which will be the biggest in the British Isles.

IrishJohn

PI Member
The Silver Penny? Went in the other day and it was black with people. Absolutely packed to the rafters at about 2 in the afternoon.

Nice building with a few different areas. They're building another one in the city which will be the biggest in the British Isles.

Notice they have bouncers outside in the middle of day I wonder is that normal for all Wetherspoon pubs ?

Top Bottom