Dublin's crappiest pubs

Myles O'Reilly

Top Bloke
Donator
PI Member

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
Isnt it amazing how bars can charge 3.80 for a guinness and obviously make a profit while others charge €6
Isnt it amazing how some Wetherspoons outlets in the UK can sell some pints for as little as £1.39 while being a fantastically profitable pub chain?

The price of a pint of beer in Wetherspoon pubs is being cut by an average of 20p, with the company calling it an example of how leaving the customs union with the EU can reduce prices.

The chain's Brexit-supporting chairman Tim Martin said leaving the customs union on October 31 would allow the Government to end "protectionist tariffs", which he maintained would reduce prices in pubs and supermarkets.

More than 600 Wetherspoon pubs will sell a pint of Ruddles for £1.69 from Friday, with a further 160 offering a pint for £1.59 or less.

Around 36 pubs will sell a pint for £1.39.
Raise a glass… Wetherspoons SLASH price of pint by 20p

page61

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Isnt it amazing how some Wetherspoons outlets in the UK can sell some pints for as little as £1.39 while being a fantastically profitable pub chain?

Raise a glass… Wetherspoons SLASH price of pint by 20p
On principal , I will not be having a pint in weatherspoons , I do not like the idea of pub chains

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
On principal , I will not be having a pint in weatherspoons , I do not like the idea of pub chains
Well I can sympathise with the sentiment you are expressing, its not a rare sentiment, but my observation is that in practice people who express that sentiment are people who are likely to go to the pub say twice a month whereas the people who are happy going to Wetherspoons would be more likely to go to the pub three times a week.

So Wetherspoons is booming and its pubs are never empty whereas the non chain locals are frequently largely empty and are therefore going to the wall one by one.

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
rat hole of leftists and repealers to close> what a real shame.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This was the night of 26th May post Dublin Castle, Coppers and Ryans as I walked half way home because I couldn&#39;t get a taxi so I just stood outside the Bernard Shaw for an hour talking to and hugging randomers.<br><br>Most businesses wouldn&#39;t allow this be painted on their wall. <a href="https://t.co/HPoEXuQdU6">pic.twitter.com/HPoEXuQdU6</a></p>&mdash; Lucy O&#39;Shea (@lucyoshea) <a href="">September 9, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

page61

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think Yazmina only carries a sword.
The chains are for later.
You must be missing her/him/it
Well I can sympathise with the sentiment you are expressing, its not a rare sentiment, but my observation is that in practice people who express that sentiment are people who are likely to go to the pub say twice a month whereas the people who are happy going to Wetherspoons would be more likely to go to the pub three times a week.

So Wetherspoons is booming and its pubs are never empty whereas the non chain locals are frequently largely empty and are therefore going to the wall one by one.
Yes , you are right, twice a month would be even generous .. probably once every couple of months .
Weatherspooners are designed for high consumption regular drinkers ..... I remember once in England going into one during the day while over for the weekend, it was packed with the unemployed ...They probably make a good companion for a bookies

missy

PI Member
I'm getting bored of alcohol.
Maybe it's my age.
Alhough just a social drinker, im thinking of quitting for good.

Top Bottom