Dublin doesn't feel the same anymore

Nicenin

Donator
PI Member
Premium
Does anybody else hate the Dublin Docklands? Unlike the traditional City Centre, it feels so barren, lifeless, corporate and soulless?

I've walked down the quays many times, and it feels like one is walking into another city.
The new Docklands North and South are a dystopian shithole. The architecture was interesting up to about ten years ago. Now they are hell bent on recreating 1970s office blocks in Slough.

The last available spaces are being developed with prefabricated thrown up Lego materials.

All in anticipation of Brexit I guess with a globally mobile Regime-clapping one-eye-covering Netflix-watching Tinder-fornicating crematable compliant workforce in situe.

page61

PI Member
The new Docklands North and South are a dystopian shithole. The architecture was interesting up to about ten years ago. Now they are hell bent on recreating 1970s office blocks in Slough.

The last available spaces are being developed with prefabricated thrown up Lego materials.

All in anticipation of Brexit I guess with a globally mobile Regime-clapping one-eye-covering Netflix-watching Tinder-fornicating crematable compliant workforce in situe.
i never think of the docklands when i think of Dublin.. You wouldn't be recommending them for people to visit

NotPC

PI Member
Dublin has sure changed

I went to the see the new Joker film in the cineworld cinema a few days ago and almost everyone in the cinema was a non-national.

Dublin is well on course to becoming a majority non-Irish city.
Another word for those types of cities is SHITHOLES and Dublin is right on course to achieve that in double quick time!!!!!!

DS86DS

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dublin has sure changed

I went to the see the new Joker film in the cineworld cinema a few days ago and almost everyone in the cinema was a non-national.

Dublin may as well as be in the Congo these days as far as I'm concerned. I cannot imagine that any other city has undergone such aggressive change in a mere 20 years in all of history.

As recently as 1999, a non-national was a rare sight. Yet a mere 20 years later it feels like a conquered city with ever diminishing signs that it was once a city inhabited by Irish people.

IrishJohn

PI Member
Dublin may as well as be in the Congo these days as far as I'm concerned. I cannot imagine that any other city has undergone such aggressive change in a mere 20 years in all of history.

As recently as 1999, a non-national was a rare sight. Yet a mere 20 years later it feels like a conquered city with ever diminishing signs that it was once a city inhabited by Irish people.
Also you can't get an Irish taxi driver anymore they're almost all non-nationals.

Last edited:
I lived in dublin 10 years ago and really enjoyed it. Gradually over the years I've noticed it's gotten worse. The snobs around south Dublin are snobbier and more crass, booze is celebrated even more, more foreigners, more obnoxious entitled women, and more expensive.
I'm considering moving back to do a year in ucd next year. The other alternative might be limerick, but theres an accommodation shortage there too.

Last edited:

PO'Neill

PI Member
Dublin has sure changed

I think at least 50% of the people who live between the canals are non-national.
Greater Dublin will soon be the same.

Top Bottom