'Dragon' Casey to run for MEP on rural versus urban crusade

George Dillon

PI Member
Casey is fortunate in that his opponents are utter rubbish,
Look at how easily he gets public recognition.
Barrett has missed the boat--NP could have been making the running.
Casey--unknown six months ago, now a household name, on the basis of two elections.
Barrett/NP unknown six months ago.
Still unknown.

FightingForTheBull

PI Member
Casey is fortunate in that his opponents are utter rubbish,
Look at how easily he gets public recognition.
Barrett has missed the boat--NP could have been making the running.
Casey--unknown six months ago, now a household name, on the basis of two elections.
Barrett/NP unknown six months ago.
Still unknown.
Casey was still known with the dragon bollocks show. The NP were never going to stand agaibst Irexit in the Euros. Hermann was going to stand in the Midlands/North if Casey didn't.

George Dillon

PI Member
Casey was still known with the dragon bollocks show. The NP were never going to stand agaibst Irexit in the Euros. Hermann was going to stand in the Midlands/North if Casey didn't.
Huge numbers of people never watched that programme.
I sure didn't, I know nothing about it. I had never heard of Casey, and many hundreds of thousands were equally ignorant of him. He isn't exactly Donald Trump.

Looks like Barrett makes all the calls for NP, just like Adams used to do for SF.

It's obviously premature to be taking any lessons from the Spanish election, but one thing that occurs to me is that with 10% of the vote VOX should have well over 30 seats (it's a fairly proportional system).
But they are well short of that.
And one analyst on Spanish TV was saying that's because they have no practice in fighting elections in most of the country.

Lesson for NP?

Last edited:

jmcc

PI Member
Was that 6 against 1 in that debate?
Just like the presidential election all over again. Pravda wants to tell people what to think and makes Casey the story. At this rate the morons in the Dublin media are going to elect Casey in a landside if they don't get a clue. And then the morons will blame the voters rather than themselves.

darkhorse3

PI Member
As a Dubliner, I am quite sick of subsidising my country cousins as much as I like them
If they want to get high speed internet then then should just have to pay for it like everyone else
There is no way we Dubs should have to subsidise it
(Same goes for taxis from late night rural pubs)

Top Bottom