• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

COVID-19 Dr. Johnny Bananas, a US Libertarian Think Tank (AIER), and "the Barrington Declaration". Full Page Ad in Irish Times.

roc_

PI Member
There I was ruminating on why it was that on this forum in the Covid discussion threads, I was continually dealing with deluges of von Mises institute type libertarianism from the usual #covidiot suspects. Then I opened up the pages of the Irish Times, and there was the answer staring back up at me. (link to full page ad in IT)

The above full page ad was paid for by AIER, a US libertarian think-tank, which posits as their aim “a society based on property rights and open markets”.

The declaration, an international proposal written and signed at the American Institute for Economic Research in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, on October 4. was funded by Charles Koch, among others.

Now what say you, all ye learned scholars on here, about this intervention to the debate?

How much of that intervention is pseudo-scientific? To say nothing of invoking "libertarianism" in the face of of natural calamities?

And why do pea-brained pseudo-libertarians attribute the loss of economic activity to the lockdown and other measures brought by "government", not to the virus itself?

Oh yes, here's the reference to Dr. Johnny Bananas :)

TW Tone

PI Member
There I was ruminating on why it was that on this forum in the Covid discussion threads, I was continually dealing with deluges of von Mises institute type libertarianism from the usual #covidiot suspects. Then I opened up the pages of the Irish Times, and there was the answer staring back up at me. (link to full page ad in IT)

The above full page ad was paid for by AIER, a US libertarian think-tank, which posits as their aim “a society based on property rights and open markets”.

The declaration, an international proposal written and signed at the American Institute for Economic Research in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, on October 4. was funded by Charles Koch, among others.

Now what say you, all ye learned scholars on here, about this intervention to the debate?

How much of that intervention is pseudo-scientific? To say nothing of invoking "libertarianism" in the face of of natural calamities?

And why do pea-brained pseudo-libertarians attribute the loss of economic activity to the lockdown and other measures brought by "government", not to the virus itself?

That's typically stupid of you.
You'll always get a few joke signatories to a publicly available petition.

I even signed a pro-Zionist petition against BDS. Rabbi Michael Mouse, if I remember correctly.

OP
roc_

roc_

PI Member
Well perhaps they shouldn't have kept what they purport is a serious statement to serious people, better scrutinise credentials, not solicit an open public, if they were looking to claim they have all these medical professionals supporting their objectives?

The thing about the likes of Dr Johnny Fartpants, Dr Person Fakename, Dr Harold Shipman, Professor Notaf Uckingclue, Prof Cominic Dummings, Mr Banana Rama, the 100 psychotherapists, numerous homeopaths, physiotherapists, massage therapists, therapeutic sound practitioners and more all being included on their list, it kind of takes away from the gravitas of their pronouncements does it not?

Or does it not raise questions, even? Simply "stupid" to even raise it?

OP
roc_

roc_

PI Member

Tuco Salamanca

PI Member

Lolbertarians.

Some of these gobsh1tes were pushing for businesses to be shielded from liability in the event of someone contracting covid on their premises.
The true libertarian position on such matters is that civil case law, with insurance companies imposing conditions on their clients to mitigate losses, is preferable to government regulation.

Whether or not civil law liability is sufficient on its own is another matter, but that's the true libertarian position.

RealMcCoy

PI Member

I even signed a pro-Zionist petition against BDS. Rabbi Michael Mouse, if I remember correctly.
I heard he does a great barmitzvah

RealMcCoy

PI Member
Btw roc how's izzys head wound? Healed up nicely has it? Those blood bags can leave terrible stains.The poor yoke must be going through head and shoulder like there's no tomorrow.

Polyco

PI Member
It might explain why NEPHET started pushing for yet more misery, they don't like being called out so what better to prove they are the holy ones by upping the anti?

Rose

PI Member

Thanks for highlighting the declaration by the employed experts in Oxford, Stanford, and Harvard. Particularly moving was when the female Indian lecturer from Oxford but obviously of Indian descent showed that 130 million people will die because of the lockdown. That tuk tuk Taxi driver in Mumbai and his family will starve to death due to the lockdown and loss of their income. Remember this Roc when you are pontificating your hypocritical racist pseudo science. The mass protests on the streets of Thailand show how Covid measures has wrecked everything and will leave the poor much poorer. Across Africa the lockdown is causing more deaths than covid.

Top Bottom