Dolores Price......

page61

PI Member
There was a small thread on this before.

Did anyone watch .....the documentary which was on RTE last night. I did not think I would like it but ....

What a horrific life her Aunt lived .

She was a very ardent republican with no compromise .It was interesting to hear her view on the IRA command who were in her house whne bloody sunday took place and all they were interested in was escaping down south .

Interesting to hear how she called out Jean McConville as a Rat. I could see McConville taking the money and call the provos cowards for not bumping her off.

It was harrowing to see her force fed and for so long..they practically killed her

There was the usual Adams ,in the IRA etc

It did turn into an anti IRA doc by the end of it.

Any Views

page61

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
She's the quintessential loyal republican volunteer pulled into the abyss by the Rasputin of Republicanism, Mr. Adams. She surrendered her life and soul to a con-man.
That answer is a bit of a cliche.. she was so hard lined that all she would accept was liz's head on a pike.. I think adams is /was looking at a much bigger picture..one that is still being painted

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
That answer is a bit of a cliche.. she was so hard lined that all she would accept was liz's head on a pike.. I think adams is /was looking at a much bigger picture..one that is still being painted
She's right that Adams is a malignant Machiavelli. She's right that instead of a republican construction project there's a bunch of static SF fatcats playing tribal/astroturf poundshop politics.

There's no republic here nor is there a move to establish one. This will affront a republican. This will traumitise a republican who has given body & soul to the expectation that these exertions will move us towards one.

page61

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
She's right that Adams is a malignant Machiavelli. She's right that instead of a republican construction project there's a bunch of static SF fatcats playing tribal/astroturf poundshop politics.

There's no republic here nor is there a move to establish one. This will affront a republican. This will traumitise a republican who has given body & soul to the expectation that these exertions will move us towards one.
She certainly gave body and soul as did her family

El Chaval.

PI Member

Did anyone watch .....the documentary which was on RTE last night. I did not think I would like it but ....

She was a very ardent republican with no compromise .It was interesting to hear her view on the IRA command who were in her house whne bloody sunday took place and all they were interested in was escaping down south .

Interesting to hear how she called out Jean McConville as a Rat. I could see McConville taking the money and call the provos cowards for not bumping her off.

It was harrowing to see her force fed and for so long..they practically killed her

Any Views

Anti IRA?
That's like saying Liam Lynch was anti IRA.

Rasherhash

PI Member

Any Views
Same ole shyte from RTE, they don't mind promoting dissident violence so long as they take a dig at SF.

Price was a great volunteer but she became bitter at the direction of the developing peace process, as many others did.

She and her sister gave their lives ar son saoirse na hEireann, but what would that freedom look like, how will it be achieved, when will people be able to get on with their lives?

SF had a strategy, it is a risky one, perhaps it has failed, perhaps it will yet succeed, but it was a strategy based in the real world, in real time and it has brought peace and an opportunity to live an ordinary life denied to many for 30 years.

At the end of Easter week 1916 Pearse and Connolly came to the conclusion that their fight was over and in order to save innocent lives they laid down their weapons.

Adams and McGuinness came to the same conclusion in the early 1990s.

El Chaval.

PI Member
Same ole shyte from RTE, they don't mind promoting dissident violence so long as they take a dig at SF.

Price was a great volunteer but she became bitter at the direction of the developing peace process, as many others did.

She and her sister gave their lives ar son saoirse na hEireann, but what would that freedom look like, how will it be achieved, when will people be able to get on with their lives?

SF had a strategy, it is a risky one, perhaps it has failed, perhaps it will yet succeed, but it was a strategy based in the real world, in real time and it has brought peace and an opportunity to live an ordinary life denied to many for 30 years.

At the end of Easter week 1916 Pearse and Connolly came to the conclusion that their fight was over and in order to save innocent lives they laid down their weapons.

Adams and McGuinness came to the same conclusion in the early 1990s.
Most dissidents had no problem with ceasefires and ending conflict.
Most left after the entry to Storming, the support for the RIC etc.
Had SF called a ceasefire but stayed out of constitutional politics, I'd probably be still with them.

Top Bottom