• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

COVID-19 Dolores Cahill on the Niall Boylan Show: Covid-19 lock-down unnecessary - no proof for social distancing.

Polyco

PI Member
I have consistently stated facts... the body of science out there does not support cahills claims that HQ can be used to successfully treat covid 19.

This is shown by the many scientific papers out there stating so and now,helpfully, the FDA are also saying so.

Heres another one liner for you:

Countries and doctors that report success with hydroxychloroquine already know not to give it to late-stage patients and that it’s ineffective when used alone. What they also know is that it does appear to have benefits for early-stage, non-hospitalized subjects when prescribed properly in conjunction with other drugs. Why is it so difficult for some to separate those things and focus on helping people?

jpc

PI Member
Like i said...if i said 2+2 = 4 , some posters here would tell me the calculator is biased.

HQ is not effective. The majority of the most up to date studies say so. There is no evidence that cahill is right. There are many studies still ongoing so i will await the definitive results of those studies. I will also make sure to come back here and say "i told you so".
[/QUOTE

That's a pretty sad pov.
A very cheap and well characterised drug that's main impediment seems to be DJT ,to any impartial media assessment of it's worth.

Any useful prophylactic application of HCQ needs to be done in conjunction with Zinc sulphate tablets and an antibiotic (secondary infection)
HCQ is of no benefit at the later stages of the viral infection.
Any qualified front line medical staff that use it have been explicitly stressing this fact for some time.

Again the story below has no details on the trials that led to the withdrawal of it's Emergency use status while trials are in place.
As see a few times already data used to discredit HCQ has been embarrassingly flawed and retracted subsequently.

Last edited:

Polyco

PI Member
Like i said...if i said 2+2 = 4 , some posters here would tell me the calculator is biased.

HQ is not effective. The majority of the most up to date studies say so. There is no evidence that cahill is right. There are many studies still ongoing so i will await the definitive results of those studies. I will also make sure to come back here and say "i told you so".
And what are you going to say if you are wrong and HCQ could well have saved many lives if administered early? Rest assured I won't be so crass as to crow about having "told you so"'.

Reactions: jpc

jpc

PI Member

That's a pretty sad pov.
A very cheap and well characterised drug that's main impediment seems to be DJT ,to any impartial media assessment of it's worth.

Any useful prophylactic application of HCQ needs to be done in conjunction with Zinc sulphate tablets and an antibiotic (secondary infection)
HCQ is of no benefit at the later stages of the viral infection.
Any qualified front line medical staff that use it have been explicitly stressing this fact for some time.

Again the story below has no details on the trials that led to the withdrawal of it's Emergency use status while trials are in place.
As see a few times already data used to discredit HCQ has been embarrassingly flawed and retracted subsequently.

In Second Blow To Hydroxychloroquine

jpc

PI Member
Good article here.
This is from a while back.
The main point is to read the response section and the comments contained.
Essentially.
HCQ only effective at the onset and with Zinc.
This is a medical forum so Id be pretty happy with the content.
And by way of observation.
If you quote studies that are constructed like the above.
Of course the drug is going to perform poorly.

Rose

PI Member
Good article here.
This is from a while back.
The main point is to read the response section and the comments contained.
Essentially.
HCQ only effective at the onset and with Zinc.
This is a medical forum so Id be pretty happy with the content.
And by way of observation.
If you quote studies that are constructed like the above.
Of course the drug is going to perform poorly.

I know people who have been cured in Spain with it. This is another example of good practice. 'Unacceptable failure': New Zealand brings in military after Covid-19 quarantine fiasco

Polyco

PI Member
Reactions: jpc

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
Support for the administration of Vitamin D to fight Covid is rising.
I wonder if relatives of people who died from Covid who chose to follow the wisdom of CharlotteWeb and ignore these "anecdotal" claims about Vitamin D being made by Dolores Cahill have got anything to say to to "the experts" who chose to disregard those claims?

Belgian scientists have now claimed giving out vitamin D supplements could be an 'inexpensive mitigation strategy' in the global crisis, which has killed 440,000 people worldwide.

The team from Brussels Free University found the risk of men being hospitalised with coronavirus was a fifth higher in those who were deficient in the 'sunshine vitamin'.
An Indonesian study published overnight found nearly 99 per cent of hospitalised Covid-19 patients who were deficient in the vitamin died. Yet this fell to just 4.1 per cent for infected cases who had enough of the nutrient.

Mounting evidence about the possible link has prompted health chiefs in the UK to review the use of vitamin D as a coronavirus lifesaver.

The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence is conducting a 'rapid evidence review' of the issue

Top Bottom