Does the average person working full-time in Ireland earn €47,000 a year? (Article)

• Thread starter Eagle USA
  • Start date
  • Replies 53
  • Views 1K
E

Eagle USA

Non Registered Member

MONDAY’S SEVEN-WAY election debate saw claims, statistics and figures thrown out by participants on housing, pensions, vulture funds and a raft of other issues.

One of the many claims that caught people’s attention related to the average earnings of a full-time worker in Ireland.

During the RTÉ debate, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar said these workers earn, on average, €47,000 a year.

datsunireland

PI Member
I dont know anybody on that money. Daughter a nurse...29k. Son in retail 20k. Wife in hospitality 20k. None of my kids friends working various jobs are on that type of money. Leo and co talking shit a usual. Sure the migrant burger flippers / baristas and carers will pay all our pensions into the future.

Myles O'Reilly

Donator
PI Member
PI Member
Top Bloke
Wife in hospitality 20k.
Is your missus still young enough to go on the game? I know a bloke who sends his out every weekend and they pull in another 8 bills pw for the family coffers.

Might be worth considering.

BSA

PI Member
'Wages in Ireland are rising now '...

So said an RTE regime news reporter yesterday holding his willy and running in circles, breathless with excitement like a schoolkid at this incredible... amazing... eh.
election..

It was only a link.. but no proof or stats were offered and it became part of the regime's keep repeating lies and falsehoods until people might believe them shtick..

I'm in my mid 50's and have a job unlike many of my friends. It's my experience and the experience of most of my family and friends that our standard of living crashed in 2007, and has been falling since.. Wages are frozen for ten years after cuts, nothing is offered to taxpayers in return for Irelands Scandinavian taxes, uncontrolled inflation is devouring wages, the clutch going in most of my friends cars will cause chaos financially... It's payday to payday survival for most people I know..

Stupidiity allied to incompetence caused all this..

People like Varadkar, Flanagan and Coveney are utterly clueless and in the case of Flanagan, a borderline simpleton. They are no more capable of solving it or even understanding it than my families Labrador dog. They are as dangerous in a 'leadership' role as a 5 year old behind the wheel.

Top Bottom