Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Does anyone find how Niall McConnell (Irish Patriot) says drain the bog?

CRI0ST0IR

PI Member
As the title states,

Niall McConnell or also known as the Irish Patriot from Donegal ran in the general election this year.
One of his slogans or quotes he likes to reference is "Drain the Bog".

Does anyone else find this a bit cliche/cringe everytime you hear it? Like the minute I hear it,
I just think of a Irish Donald Trump wannabe?

Irishman abroad

PI Member
As the title states,

Niall McConnell or also known as the Irish Patriot from Donegal ran in the general election this year.
One of his slogans or quotes he likes to reference is "Drain the Bog".

Does anyone else find this a bit cliche/cringe everytime you hear it? Like the minute I hear it,
I just think of a Irish Donald Trump wannabe?
Drain the bog is meant to be a semi joke based on Trumps rhetoric. Niall is adding some humour to his campaign, as Irish people like a rogue.

OP
C

CRI0ST0IR

PI Member
Drain the bog is meant to be a semi joke based on Trumps rhetoric. Niall is adding some humour to his campaign, as Irish people like a rogue.
I understand that, but like it's a bit much and it clearly didn't work out for him

peacoggorma

PI Member
I understand that, but like it's a bit much and it clearly didn't work out for him
None of it has worked out. Attempting to bring about that sort of individualist fuck-you Yank spirit in the Irish electorate is a doomed endeavour - our people bent the knee and handed over the keys to Europe long ago, and happily so. We are in a long term battle to shift the optics of this population replacement such that our native people actually give a shite.

Clanrickard

PI Member
This is the class of scumbag O Conell is.....https://twitter.com/hermannkelly/status/1227975731889758208?s=20

GodsDog

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
This is the class of scumbag O Conell is.....https://twitter.com/hermannkelly/status/1227975731889758208?s=20
he can't hold a candle to sly backstabbers like you though.
Still regularly abusing members of this site from the safety of Politics Irish are you Clanretard? :rolleyes:

Clanrickard

PI Member
he can't hold a candle to sly backstabbers like you though.
Still regularly abusing members of this site from the safety of Politics Irish are you Clanretard? :rolleyes:
O Connell happy to be photographed with the BNP who wanted Irish people hanged for the IRA's campaign and attacked Irish Cultural Centers. A real patriot is Niall.

Esto Praesidium

PI Member
O Connell happy to be photographed with the BNP who wanted Irish people hanged for the IRA's campaign and attacked Irish Cultural Centers. A real patriot is Niall.
Well the Brits that bombed Ireland should be hanged. Any patriot should be proud to get a martyr's death. Stop your effeminate whining.

DS86DS

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Premium
It's an old Irish euphemism for when the jacks get clogged up.

Top Bottom