Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Documentary: King Arthur's Britain

Tadhg Gaelach

PI Member
What was Celtic Britain actually like in the decades after the fall of the Roman Empire and the Saxon invasion.

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

PI Member

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

PI Member

E

Eagle USA

Non Registered Member
Some great documentaries here. The Timeline Channel on YouTube is an amazing resource and should without a doubt be subscribed to. This one channel, free of charge, has more interesting content on it than all of the knowledge based material on Netflix, APV and NOW TV combined.

Arthurian legend never seems to lose it's appeal as a topic beloved by people. Although when I watch videos like this, I can't help but feel that no matter how well produced a certain TV documentary is......it is a sterile replacement for the old traditions of fireside storytelling and community bonfires where people would gather and share stories.

Although in the age where individualism is king, these documentaries provide a nice form of escapism.

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

PI Member
Some great documentaries here. The Timeline Channel on YouTube is an amazing resource and should without a doubt be subscribed to. This one channel, free of charge, has more interesting content on it than all of the knowledge based material on Netflix, APV and NOW TV combined.

Arthurian legend never seems to lose it's appeal as a topic beloved by people. Although when I watch videos like this, I can't help but feel that no matter how well produced a certain TV documentary is......it is a sterile replacement for the old traditions of fireside storytelling and community bonfires where people would gather and share stories.

Although in the age where individualism is king, these documentaries provide a nice form of escapism.

King Arthur's legend was powerful in itself, but when it was combined with the Holy Grail it became probably the most powerful of all European legends.

E

Eagle USA

Non Registered Member
King Arthur's legend was powerful in itself, but when it was combined with the Holy Grail it became probably the most powerful of all European legends.

Interestingly, the Arthurian legend also had a major influence on more recent works like The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit book trilogies,

I'd also imagine that part of the fascination goes back to our early years. Like most people as a child, I would read the Grimm Brothers tales or Aesop's Fables....and I don't think that fascination ever leaves.

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

PI Member
Interestingly, the Arthurian legend also had a major influence on more recent works like The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit book trilogies,

I'd also imagine that part of the fascination goes back to our early years. Like most people as a child, I would read the Grimm Brothers tales or Aesop's Fables....and I don't think that fascination ever leaves.

More on Arthur and the Holy Grail here,

Top Bottom