Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Do you think any Irish Politicians have an interest in Political Theory?

GodsDog

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
"I want to make Ireland the best small country in the world to do business in " Enda Kenny His main slogan in ~2011 GE

"I want to make Ireland a global Island at the center of the world" lia varadkar ~2017

These are the slogans you would give to an airport or a business park or an industrial zone.
These are the slogans of traitors who intend to sell out the long term interests of their fellow Irishmen
just to increase the profits of big business

sighthound

PI Member
No if you just look at the polititions they have no concept of political thought or theory and am sure have rarely studied some of the great thinkers they have only studied cute hoorism and gravy lapping and making the maximum benefit from expenses . They are badly dressed and totally foscused on being re elected to the gravy train and spend their time trying to gain brownie points from their electorate but never going off the party line in the end. They are like circus ponies. they have no moral compass no patriotism and they despise the people they are supposed to work for , hateful creatures.

GodsDog

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
Do you think any Irish Politicians have an interest in Political Theory?

Only if it's the Ayn Rand neoliberal bullshit which underlies everything they ever do

Sunburst

PI Member
Well maybe I am sure some of the Trots do but Trotskyism, which I do not consider Marxist, the more you learn about it the more daft and/or obvious trolling it becomes, in fact I would wonder about any mature person who takes it seriously. I suspect that they don't. When I was sixteen I read my first book by Gerry Adams and was gravely disappointed, I was expecting a combination of blood curdling revolutionary rhetoric Maoist style combined with complex analysis, and of course I got neither, what I got instead was basic platitudes which were to my eye often rather silly. I presumed at the time that obviously the book was meant for a Yank and English audience and that was why it was so devoid of meaty intellectual content. Now Gerry Adams is a very smart man there is no denying but he obviously never developed his intellect and this is a huge problem because as I observed very early in life if you do not do your own thinking someone else will do your thinking for, Adams not seriously putting his mind to work is the reason why the Shinners are in the mess they are in now. Ireland as a whole seems to have allowed England to imprint it's tradition of "common sense" anti-intellectualism (there are both Right and Left wing versions of this).
Don't think they know what the word means.
Think they're more interested in Gombeen Theory.

Top Bottom