Do you believe in a God, if not why not?

jon 1000's of irish f

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account

page61

PI Member

jon 1000's of irish f

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account

says the opposite here...who makes these alternate views up l;ol
geroge "un" soros?
"
I always quote Marx on this point. I’m not a Marxist, but here’s one place he was right:

Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.
The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of religion is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which religion is the halo.
—Karl Marx (1843)"

anti-Christ satanists probable sodomites!

Last edited:

GodsDog

PI Member
That's fine.
You want to go with dogma from millennia ago.
No bother!
But the ancient Greeks set up the system to keep people like you pacified.
That's all it is.
I never said anything about the situation being wrong.
It enabled social stability in an post Hunter gather world.
The 10 commandments are still a fine moral way to live life.
Is a world without beliefs in Divine mystery desirable?
Probably not.
Yep. It's just a system of control for the stupider humans.
Otherwise they'll cause no end of trouble.
Fear of punishment is what they understand.

Perhaps this is why the big move to support Islam is afoot
amongst our lords and masters.

Christianity has seemingly lost it's authority. A stronger replacement is needed
to keep the livestock in check.

Plasticpaddy

PI Member

Christianity has seemingly lost it's authority. A stronger replacement is needed
There's no doubt that religion has been used as a control mechanism,with the carrot and stick talk of heaven and hell.Religion along with money pretty much keeps everyone under the thumb.I think we are all part of God.I sometimes read quotes from those that were called existentialists but I find no clarity there.I hope there is a loving forgiving god,state of consciousness,for us all eventually.😊😈

Adam Jensen

PI Member

I don't want to put words in your mouth so maybe a picture will do? Is it often some of that good old time surveillance on your neighbours?

gerhard dengler

PI Member

One of the more stupid contributions to this site. And that's saying something, given some of the crap posted throughout this site.

Ostensibly it is far easier to not observe and to not adhere to practice of a faith/religion. Most faiths require a degree of practice compliance, and "lived faith" behaviour. That requirement to comply requires effort and energy.

I don't believe for one second that people attending Mass for example are doing so out of fear. Or attending because of "social control". Folk attend today because they wish to be there.

jon 1000's of irish f

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account

low iq people like you: will never get god...

GodsDog

PI Member
One of the more stupid contributions to this site. And that's saying something, given some of the crap posted throughout this site.

Ostensibly it is far easier to not observe and to not adhere to practice of a faith/religion. Most faiths require a degree of practice compliance, and "lived faith" behaviour. That requirement to comply requires effort and energy.

I don't believe for one second that people attending Mass for example are doing so out of fear. Or attending because of "social control". Folk attend today because they wish to be there.
Something is not stupid just because you say it is Dangler

A person who swallows whole the absurd and childish notion there is an invisible man in the sky, individually watching over everything all 7 billion humans on the planet say and do, watching them all take a shit and a piss and judging every minute action and thought they have
based on a set of suspiciously homo centric rules, as a means to pick which ones worthy to live forever in some vague utopian paradise with him
calling ME stupid is a little too much irony for me to take in one sitting!! :ROFLMAO:

Grow up and face reality Dangler. There is no cavalry riding to the rescue.
There is still time. Savour what's left of your miserable life, Drink deep of it for there is no other afterwards
You'll thank me one day if you do!

Top Bottom