Do you believe in a God, if not why not?

Ted

PI Member
So why is Dawkins afraid to debate William Lane Craig?

Do you know either of them..you are assuming a lot to say A is afraid of b ... it sounds a bit of a weak argument.
I however do not know either of them and I have never heard of Craig ..In my reference above i was talking about ordinary people .the person I was referencing was myself and atheists I know ..My point is..why would we be afraid of debate..we would have a lack of interest if anything. remember if you do not believe in something IE, the tooth fairy, you are not going to do lots of research.
Your implying some fantasy world where dawkins and craig throw holy water and brimstone at each other and maybe god peaks out from behind a cloud and declares Craig the winner..

Are you saying that people who hold beliefs in the supernatural are incapable of thinking rationally

If by supernatural you mean conspiracies ,aliens etc ..I think they are childish
If you mean God etc..I think they are fearful .If they admitted that they were skeptical ,there is something that has been indoctrinated into them to counteract that...IE.. is the devil tempting you or some other bull.
A lot of religious people are damaged in someway, either socially inept or mentally weak or have been scarred some way ..they go with the flock, majority rules, they feel safe. they are wasting valuable life time , they believe they are going somewhere when they die.. How many people do you know that are reincarnated etc or have reached out to you personally from beyond...None

When you see some of the modern fanatics and observe their communications, they are very very aggressive .
Let's see you justify your "morality" without reference to the supernatural.

No atheist can do it. The really funny part is that they believe they can... until they try.

page61

PI Member
Let's see you justify your "morality" without reference to the supernatural.

No atheist can do it. The really funny part is that they believe they can... until they try.
Im not sure what you mean.

I dont really give it much thought to be honest.. I don't believe in ghosts ,so i am not going to spend time mentally debating with myself why etc.

A serious question..
Why would I need to justify my morality. ? that a bizarre question/statement. Justify to whom ?

Ted

PI Member
Im not sure what you mean.

I dont really give it much thought to be honest.. I don't believe in ghosts ,so i am not going to spend time mentally debating with myself why etc.

A serious question..
Why would I need to justify my morality. ? that a bizarre question/statement. Justify to whom ?
To yourself of course.
You do claim to have some sort of a moral code, don't you?

Or perhaps you don't. Given your proclaimed atheism that would be the intelligent position.
But you'd then have to allow others adopt the same position.

page61

PI Member
To yourself of course.
You do claim to have some sort of a moral code, don't you?

Or perhaps you don't. Given your proclaimed atheism that would be the intelligent position.
But you'd then have to allow others adopt the same position.

I am hardly going to be justifying my morality to myself.. Im comfortable with my mind etc so i don't question myself. Of course i have a moral code but it is all the obvious stuff that have nothing to do with religion but ironically have been summed up well by the religious quote...do onto others etc.

Ted

PI Member
I am hardly going to be justifying my morality to myself.. Im comfortable with my mind etc so i don't question myself. Of course i have a moral code but it is all the obvious stuff that have nothing to do with religion but ironically have been summed up well by the religious quote...do onto others etc.
And yet you've the neck to dismiss religious believers?
You're a thought-less child (philosophically speaking).

Irish "atheists" are such lightweights. I blame the schools.

page61

PI Member
And yet you've the neck to dismiss religious believers?
You're a thought-less child (philosophically speaking).

Irish "atheists" are such lightweight. I blame the schools.
No Im heavweight Athiest who decided a long time ago and i cannot believe how gullible the godsquad are . None of this is new to me so to say im thoughtless ...catch up ..

You just cant get you head around it as your God fear will not let you... now where is your rosary beads

jon 1000's of irish f

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
No i would not watch such shite.. thats got nothing to do with God and Santa ..its tasteless tv exe'cs .If you are finding a connection or watch either...well!!!
the Satans strong in this one...

jon 1000's of irish f

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
Would you tell folks that in real life? Like someone down the pub if an argument about religion came up?
would abbreviate it to evil.. anyway lots of athists commit suicide can't cope with the bordom and bleakness of a meaningless life. so he would probably be to depressed/suicidal to argue about his nihilist life and views...

page61

PI Member
would abbreviate it to evil.. anyway lots of athists commit suicide can't cope with the bordom and bleakness of a meaningless life. so he would probably be to depressed/suicidal to argue about his nihilist life and views...
Ha Fucking ha.. are you serious .

Catholic guilt has lead to more Suicides than anything except money... and the Catholics then call the catholics who commit suicide sinners. What a fucked up congregation .

Top Bottom