Divorce refendum 2019

darkhorse3

PI Member
I made no reference as to whether a will was made.
Intestacy law is a seperate matter.
But under intestacy law the wife does not get everything.
I think it is an automatic 2/3 and the remainder divied up between children.
i would expect the recent legal changes on civil partnerships etc take some account of intestacy.

VOTE NO
But what if the original predivorced wife has been predeceased?
Then her family gets everything
What about the new children
Its wrong

The Field Marshal

PI Member
But what if the original predivorced wife has been predeceased?
Then her family gets everything
Its wrong
Its not wrong because you are talking about cases of intestacy.
Clearly anybody in a second relationship who fails to make a will does not really give a shyte about their partner.

darkhorse3

PI Member
Its not wrong because you are talking about cases of intestacy.
Clearly anybody in a second relationship who fails to make a will does not really give a shyte about their partner.
Most people don't make a will until they are 50+
Thats the reality
And most divorces or seperations occur before that

OrderoftheDragon

PI Member
It's "bread and circuses", while children live on the streets, while the young cannot afford a home, and while the dead are shunted into corridors to infect the living.

Voters need to stop allowing themselves be distracted by a childless Taoiseach leading an anti-family government and focus instead on a future for their own children.
Personally i think there could be much said for a massive spoilt vote campaign, "FUCC"

The Field Marshal

PI Member
Welcome to the real world
Most couples by the time they are in their mid 30,s onwards will have begun to acquire fixed assets.
Therefore it is highly imprudent of them to fail to make a will should sudden death occur to either.

The failure to make a will causes possibly more disharmony and upset then can ever be imagined when sudden death intervenes.

VOTE NO.

The Field Marshal

PI Member
It's "bread and circuses", while children live on the streets, while the young cannot afford a home, and while the dead are shunted into corridors to infect the living.

Voters need to stop allowing themselves be distracted by a childless Taoiseach leading an anti-family government and focus instead on a future for their own children.
I heard about these rotting bodies on trollies while having my dinner today.
Varadaker the Impaler came to mind and I can tell you its taken some time now for me to recover.

VOTE NO.

darkhorse3

PI Member
Most couples by the time they are in their mid 30,s onwards will have begun to acquire fixed assets.
Therefore it is highly imprudent of them to fail to make a will should sudden death occur to either.

The failure to make a will causes possibly more disharmony and upset then can ever be imagined when sudden death intervenes.

VOTE NO.
Maybe so but they have lots going on with young children, high morgage and lots of pressure
No one expects to die prematurely at that age
And most of them dont make wills
That is the reality

The Field Marshal

PI Member
Maybe so but they have lots going on with young children, high morgage and lots of pressure
No one expects to die prematurely at that age
And most of them dont make wills
That is the reality
Can I tell you something?
Nobody expects to die at any age.
Of course not enough peop;e make wills early enough.

Tell me have you purchased a graveyard burial plot?
I met a lad some time ago , a married guy in his 30.s with 4 kids..
Told me himself and the wife had bought their burial plot in the local graveyard.
Have to say I was astounded.
I asked him why and he said 'The price of land is goin up all the time"

darkhorse3

PI Member
Can I tell you something?
Nobody expects to die at any age.
Of course not enough peop;e make wills early enough.

Tell me have you purchased a graveyard burial plot?
I met a lad some time ago , a married guy in his 30.s with 4 kids..
Told me himself and the wife had bought their burial plot in the local graveyard.
Have to say I was astounded.
I asked him why and he said 'The price of land is goin up all the time"
Yes I have my grave book because my dear wife predeceased me and I will be joining her hopefully in the long distant future
I know all about these issues and my new partner does too as does our children from both wives

IrishJohn

PI Member
Whats really strange about this referendum is that we are being asked to Vote Yes or No on two separate issues.

I've never heard of that being done before in a referendum were two issues are lumped in together. It sounds like they are trying to pull some sort of stroke.

Needless to say I will be voting No.

Top Bottom