Divorce refendum 2019

Florence

PI Member
Divorce Referendum – Lack of choice!

The forthcoming referendum puts TWO issues to the people regarding divorce –

I quote from the referendum commission website:

‘The proposal

The proposal is about two issues relating to divorce, namely how long people must be living apart before applying for a divorce, and the recognition of foreign divorces.
There will be one question on the ballot paper and voters can either vote Yes to allow both changes or No to reject both changes. Voters cannot accept one change and reject the other’.

Can anyone explain the rationale for this?

Both issues relate to divorce, but they are quite separate otherwise.

I support one change and reject the other?

Do I not vote at all? – or must I decide which of Yes or No is the least bad option?

Irish Warrior

Donator
PI Member
Premium
Divorce Referendum – Lack of choice!

The forthcoming referendum puts TWO issues to the people regarding divorce –

I quote from the referendum commission website:

‘The proposal

The proposal is about two issues relating to divorce, namely how long people must be living apart before applying for a divorce, and the recognition of foreign divorces.
There will be one question on the ballot paper and voters can either vote Yes to allow both changes or No to reject both changes. Voters cannot accept one change and reject the other’.

Do I not vote at all? – or must I decide which of Yes or No is the least bad option?
It’s them trying to be clever again.
You’ll either not vote or vote the way they want.
Foreign divorces are nothing to do with Ireland.
Another useless referendum.

Tom

Eirú Sean Gael
PI Member
Don't know, then why are they including it in the ballot.
If they recognise foreign divorces then they must recognise foreign marriages.
If they recognise foreign divorces, do the courts then recognise judgements handed down by foreign courts including pre nups?

I just know our government are sneaky so I instinctively vote contra.

Irish Warrior

Donator
PI Member
Premium
Don't know, then why are they including it in the ballot.
If they recognise foreign divorces then they must recognise foreign marriages.
If they recognise foreign divorces, do the courts then recognise judgements handed down by foreign courts including pre nups?

I just know our government are sneaky so I instinctively vote contra.
Exactly, look at the way the gay marriage referendum and the Abortion referendum went after they got those through. There's a whole lot of hidden fine print with these bastards.
Anything they want to do, do the opposite.

Ted

PI Member
Civil marriage is now a joke contract for the supposed benefit of adults only. I won't be taking any part in this insult to my intelligence.

Why is the Church still involved in the administration of a contract with which it fundamentally disagrees?
Nobody does hypocrisy quite like the Irish bishops.

Ted

PI Member
It's "bread and circuses", while children live on the streets, while the young cannot afford a home, and while the dead are shunted into corridors to infect the living.

Voters need to stop allowing themselves be distracted by a childless Taoiseach leading an anti-family government and focus instead on a future for their own children.

Irish Warrior

Donator
PI Member
Premium
Civil marriage is now a joke contract for the supposed benefit of adults only. I won't be taking any part in this insult to my intelligence.

Why is the Church still involved in the administration of a contract with which it fundamentally disagrees?
Nobody does hypocrisy quite like the Irish bishops.
Vote, not voting is not a protest.
Be sure the anti Irish, anti family, pro pedo scum will be out in force to push their agenda further.

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
PoliticsVoters cannot accept one change and reject the other’.

Referenda in this country makes me more and more feel like I'm trapped livin' in a Super Nintendo game.

Mario can go and rescue the princess or he can go and spring Luigi. But here's the catch - he can't do both.

These mickey mouse referenda need to go. Bolt on recall mechanisms to the backsides of these politicians and the ones 1. doin' their jobs 2. are in possession of their sanity - get to keep their jobs. That'd be real democracy.

The regime loves these referenda. It has the illusion of democracy and people's energies are soaked up into astroturf and
not into opposing them.

Top Bottom