Disney to purchase 21st Century Fox and Sky

Riker1969

Political Irish
Disney is to purchase all of 21st Century Fox, and it would seem as part of the deal they will take over the shares Fox holds in Sky with a view to complete ownership of SKY TV.

This is a great time to go out and grab some Sky PLC shares before Disney comes knocking to snap them off you.

Just went out and purchased 400 myself this morning.

Disney buys much of Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox in deal that will reshape Hollywood

Walt Disney Co. has finalized a $52.4-billion deal to buy much of Rupert Murdoch's entertainment empire, a blockbuster union that would radically transform Hollywood into a land of fewer giants.
The stock deal, which Disney announced Thursday morning, represents Disney's boldest acquisition yet. If regulators approve it, the Burbank behemoth would take over the prolific 20th Century Fox movie and television studio, Fox's 22 regional sports channels, cable entertainment brands FX and National Geographic, and Fox's portfolio of international operations, including a fast-growing pay-TV service in India.

The proposed purchase of much of Murdoch's 21 Century Fox media company accelerates the trend of media consolidation and would eliminate one of the six major Hollywood film studios. Murdoch would retain control of Fox News Channel, the Fox broadcast network and his newspapers.
Including debt that Disney will assume, the deal is valued at $66 billion. Disney also announced Thursday that its chairman and chief executive, Bob Iger, will remain with the company through 2021.
"We're honored and grateful that Rupert Murdoch has entrusted us with the future of businesses he spent a lifetime building, and we're excited about this extraordinary opportunity to significantly increase our portfolio of well-loved franchises and branded content to greatly enhance our growing direct-to-consumer offerings," Iger said in a statement.

"The deal will also substantially expand our international reach, allowing us to offer world-class storytelling and innovative distribution platforms to more consumers in key markets around the world," Iger said.

Disney buys much of Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox in deal that will reshape Hollywood

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
This entire industry is basically all done. TV, movies, sports and all entertainment in general are in decline as more people tune out. More and more young people are swith in to their phone or computer for all screen time.
People are less willing to pay money for any of this stuff. It will follow the path of the print media.

I intend to sell Disney if possible as much as I can.

2pacs

Donator
Premium Account
This entire industry is basically all done. TV, movies, sports and all entertainment in general are in decline as more people tune out. More and more young people are swith in to their phone or computer for all screen time.
People are less willing to pay money for any of this stuff. It will follow the path of the print media.

I intend to sell Disney if possible as much as I can.
Naturally its too late to snap up some shares in Fox or Disney, but would it be worthwhile grabbing some Sky ones?

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
"The deal will also substantially expand our international reach, allowing us to offer world-class storytelling and innovative distribution platforms to more consumers in key markets around the world," Iger said.
This one sentence explains why Hollywood has gone from making a fair few decent films up until about the mid 1970s to now being a factory for producing pig swill. Films today are not made by Hollywood for thinking human beings, but for "consumers in key markets."

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
Naturally its too late to snap up some shares in Fox or Disney, but would it be worthwhile grabbing some Sky ones?
I have no opinion on that because I am in Massachusetts. I just feelit is time to short/sell Disney because the money people are willing to spend on media/entertainment etc is imo dropping and who is going to pay off all these debts.

The same could be said for any company, now that the easy money era appears to be actually not only ending but reversing, how are they going to meet their debt payments.

According to yahoo,Disney has 25 billion of debt, where is this 55 billion coming from,are they going to issue more shares?
It marks a top imho

DIS Key Statistics | Walt Disney Company (The) Stock - Yahoo Finance

This one sentence explains why Hollywood has gone from making a fair few decent films up until about the mid 1970s to now being a factory for producing pig swill. Films today are not made by Hollywood for thinking human beings, but for "consumers in key markets."
A lot of muck around for sure. Thankfully Scorsese and a few others have been decent in my view.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
I have no opinion on that because I am in Massachusetts. I just feelit is time to short/sell Disney because the money people are willing to spend on media/entertainment etc is imo dropping and who is going to pay off all these debts.

The same could be said for any company, now that the easy money era appears to be actually not only ending but reversing, how are they going to meet their debt payments.

According to yahoo,Disney has 25 billion of debt, where is this 55 billion coming from,are they going to issue more shares?
It marks a top imho

DIS Key Statistics | Walt Disney Company (The) Stock - Yahoo Finance

Disney is the Monsanto of the "entertainment" world. It has become a Mecca for paedophiles.

Disney workers arrested in 'To Catch A Predator'-style child sex stings | Daily Mail Online

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
A 3 day pass in Disney costs about 1500 for a family of 5 just to get in. Another 1500 for flights unless you drive, 1200 for accomadation.

You are looking at maybe 5000 to go to Disney. Their best times are behind them.

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
Premium Account
A 3 day pass in Disney costs about 1500 for a family of 5 just to get in. Another 1500 for flights unless you drive, 1200 for accomadation.

You are looking at maybe 5000 to go to Disney. Their best times are behind them.
An excursion to any national park would be ten times more edifying than a jaunt to Disneyland or Disneyworld. I haven't been to Disneyland in 30 years and don't miss it one iota.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
An excursion to any national park would be ten times more edifying than a jaunt to Disneyland or Disneyworld. I haven't been to Disneyland in 30 years and don't miss it one iota.

Well Mickey Mouse is now Michelle Mouse and Michelle Obama is now Mickey Obama

merkels hammer

Political Irish
Yes, this is why ze parks of Germany are much more fun to be. We will soon complete ze National Park of Immigrants, here you will be able to pick ze Immigrant best suited to rape and murder you. Fun for everyone in your family.