• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Btwixt Discussion with Btwixt - The Roy Keane Question

The Field Marshal

PI Member
Interesting choice of phrase.
Widespread on pitch serious violence is a regular feature of gaelic football, and to a lessor degree hurling, in Ireland.

Violence also occasionaly occurs at soccer matches and rugby but the incidents of same are very very much lower than what regularly happens at GAA events.

Eriugena

PI Member
Widespread on pitch serious violence is a regular feature of gaelic football, and to a lessor degree hurling, in Ireland.

Violence also occasionaly occurs at soccer matches and rugby but the incidents of same are very very much lower than what regularly happens at GAA events.
I don't know what you are talking about here nor do I know how you came to these conclusions. Where are the stats that you consulted for this?

The Field Marshal

PI Member
I don't know what you are talking about here nor do I know how you come to these conclusions. Where are the stats that you consulted for this?
i go on what I have seen over many years on tv.

Regular televised serious violence by way of fisticuffs, kicks and blows occur between the players of gaelic footbal and hurling matches.
I have never seen anything remotely approaching such inhuman savagery by the players of either soccer or rugby in games played in Ireland..

Eriugena

PI Member
i go on what I have seen over many years on tv.

Regular televised serious violence by way of fisticuffs, kicks and blows occur between the players of gaelic footbal and hurling matches.
I have never seen anything remotely approaching such inhuman savagery by the players of either soccer or rugby in games played in Ireland..
So only anecdotal evidence.

The Field Marshal

PI Member
So only anecdotal evidence.
The evidence is clearly displayed on the recorded tv historical record of games played in Ireland.
Only the blindest of idiots can deny that regular on pitch serious fights break out at gaelic football events.
it is very rare to see it on soccer or rugby events.

Eriugena

PI Member
The evidence is clearly displayed on the recorded tv historical record of games played in Ireland.
Only the blindest of idiots can deny that regular on pitch serious fights break out at gaelic football events.
it is very rare to see it on soccer or rugby events.
More anecdotal evidence.

Sorry, I'm only really interested in facts, evidence, and arguments.

The Field Marshal

PI Member
More anecdotal evidence.

Sorry, I'm only really interested in facts, evidence, and arguments.
This is a discussion board where members freely exchange views.

If you want a star chamber inquisition with lawyers, reports, and books of evidence then join the bands of morons pursuing the endless conspiracy theories that now proliferate .

Eriugena

PI Member
If you want a star chamber inquisition with lawyers, reports, and books of evidence then join the bands of morons pursuing the endless conspiracy theories that now proliferate .
That's an odd, disturbingly odd, thing to say.

The Field Marshal

PI Member
That's an odd, disturbingly odd, thing to say.
That on pitch violence is more common in gaelic football than other forms of football is a commonly held and accurate view in Ireland..
I have discussed this over the years and nobody disagrees.

You reject commonly held views that prevail in Ireland concerning sport and demand books of evidence style proof for these commonly held views.
Another commonly held view is that many Nigerians are master con artists.

Do you also reject that commonly held view and seek books of evidence proof?

Top Bottom