• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Btwixt Discussion with Btwixt - The Roy Keane Question

The Field Marshal

PI Member
Keanes petty spat with McCarthy effectively destroyed Ireland’s World Cup chance.
I suspect the majority of Irish people despise him and rightly so.

Eriugena

PI Member
Keanes petty spat with McCarthy effectively destroyed Ireland’s World Cup chance.
I suspect the majority of Irish people despise him and rightly so.
Among those who take an interest in "foreign games" I suppose. I hardly know who these people are.

The Field Marshal

PI Member
Among those who take an interest in "foreign games" I suppose. I hardly know who these people are.
Er Gaelic football is an entirely invented game based on the fusion of English soccer and rugby.
The odd non Irish construct was invented as a reactionary nationalist measure at the end of the 19th century .

Lately American basket ball tactics ( the idiotic hand pass) were permitted in a failed ruse to make the game more interesting.

TW Tone

PI Member
Er Gaelic football is an entirely invented game based on the fusion of English soccer and rugby.
The odd non Irish construct was invented as a reactionary nationalist measure at the end of the 19th century .

Lately American basket ball tactics ( the idiotic hand pass) were permitted in a failed ruse to make the game more interesting.
You reveal your ignorance and bigotry.
The hand pass was always permitted in football. What varied from time to time was whether the hand had to be in a fist.

As to the history, that is more nonsense. From the mid-nineteenth century on there were organised games in villages. There was no rugby in rural Ireland.

You can find the truth rather than bluster and blather if you read any history of the GAA.
But you won't bother.

Last edited:

Eriugena

PI Member

Why are you telling me all this?

The Field Marshal

PI Member
You reveal your ignorance and bigotry.
The hand pass was always permitted in football. What varied from time was whether the hand to be in a fist.

As to the history, that is more nonsense. From the mid-nneteenth century on there were organised games in villages. There was no rugby in rural Ireland.

You can find the truth rather than bluster and blather if you read any history of the GAA.
But you won't bother.
You are the ignorant one.

The open hand pass was never permitted in Gaelic untill recently a few years ago.
Untill then what was permitted was a closed hand ie a fist only pass which is far more difficult to control.

Unlike me you have obviously never played Gaelic football.
The open hand pass is borrowed from American basketball and was only permitted to allow poor performing players look better .

Bigotry is a term normally applied to religious issues.

That you make a religious issue of your sporting ignorence concerning the history of Gaelic football and other games played in Ireland indicates the level of pure mucksavegery associated with GAA sports

The Field Marshal

PI Member
Why are you telling me all this?
You admitted to knowing nothing about the GAA etc

I am now educating you concerning the vast levels of ignorence connected with what is termed "Gaelic football".

The game is neither gaelic or Irish being a newly concocted artificial mix of the English soccer and rugby done and made by Irish nationalists concerned at the absence of any Irish games being played at a widespread level toward the end of the 19th century.

Top Bottom