Dindo: Mary Lou will defect to Labour and end up leading it!

Ren84

PI Member
Threads
Facepalm time. This week's Sunday Dindo has quite a moonhowler of a piece, even more mental than is typical of them:

Fear not, because in the election after this, the Labour Party nest will be all but vacant, awaiting its latest cuckoo after Democratic Left.
After the split, those bright young Shinners may lead the tentative left wing alternative in Labour, joined by those in Right2Change with no home to go to.

And who better to head such a new alternative than Mary Lou McDonald, leader of new Labour, but with no overarching army council calling the shots?

At which point, she will flee to the middle ground where – and this is the reality — voters here have always turned to chose their governments, and always will.
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/get-ready-for-the-sinn-fein-split-will-mary-lou-end-up-leading-labour-34158834.html

Sweet merciful Jaysus, have you ever read such eye manure?! Where's me animinated laughing gif?

smiley-laughing.gif smiley-laughing.gif smiley-laughing.gif smiley-laughing.gif smiley-laughing.gif smiley-laughing.gif

Threads
Drennan must have been at the toilet duck.

While I get his thesis,  it is too early to see if SF will fragment and whether the Labour brand will have any appeal in a few years time.

Plus have any politicians had meaningful leadership careers in parties they have defected to?

OP
OP
Ren84

Ren84

PI Member
Threads
Victor Meldrew said:

While I get his thesis,  it is too early to see if SF will fragment and whether the Labour brand will have any appeal in a few years time.

Plus have any politicians had meaningful leadership careers in parties they have defected to?
I can only think of Jeffrey Donaldson's defection from the UUP to the DUP in the North that is in any way notable.

Threads
I can see it now.

MLM reveals on Vinnie that she was for years the private plaything of Gerry Adam's teddies.  It was unspeakable what they put her through. First the porridge was too hot, then it was too cold ...

jmcc

PI Member
Threads
It is the Dindo. A comic owned by Dinny and written by cartoon characters.

Threads
Isn't she much more likely to end up first female Taoiseach and first SF Taoiseach?

In other words, it's another bit of wish-fulilment from Dindo.  Now if only ..

That and sh*t-stirring, of course.

On a related note, isn't it time they stopped fussing over the various Ladies of the Court? It's all beginning to sound a bit camp.

Threads
The Eagle of the Ninth said:
I can see it now.

MLM reveals on Vinnie that she was for years the private plaything of Gerry Adam's teddies.  It was unspeakable what they put her through. First the porridge was too hot, then it was too cold ...
The de-eloclution lessons must have been rough.

If she does a Colin Farrell and dilutes the affected authentic dub accent and reverts to her mother tongue then Drennan's thesis may have legs..

irishpancake

Distinguished Member
Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Victor Meldrew said:

That'd be fine if Drennan wrote this dross.......

but it was Jody Corcoran, clearly shown twice, with a nice piccy too.........

I know, it could've been Drennan........

or anyone, the fragrent Máiria included, or her viperous 1st cousin Eilis.....

Threads
Victor Meldrew said:

Should have known it would be Drennan.......
Have we entered the final phase of abandonment of any serious analysis of anything anymore, as long as it stirs the pot and gets people chattering.......no journalist, it seems, is obliged to provide any accuracy in their pronouncements and predictions so long as they're controversial. It appears, without any researched guidelines on my part, to have started with the "Shamrock Rovers in sensational bid to sign Rooney" stuff, to the in your face, get people talking guff where someone like Eamonn Dunphy can, with straight face tell Sounness that he doesn't know what he's talking about (a guy who regardless, has managed Liverpool, Blackburn Rovers and Galatasary) and the clown prince of useless reporting who gets licence to spread utter shíte.....a Haw-haw for the modern age......
Long live social media for all its imperfections, where the Katie Hopkins and John Drennan's who live amongst us at least don't get paid to do anything rather than have a record of accuracy, reasoned argument or even decency in their musings.

Cleaner

PI Member
Threads
Wonder where the Indo gets their writers from, since they just seem to making news up theese days.

Threads
irishpancake said:
That'd be fine if Drennan wrote this dross.......

but it was Jody Corcoran, clearly shown twice, with a nice piccy too.........

I know, it could've been Drennan........

or anyone, the fragrent Máiria included, or her viperous 1st cousin Eilis.....

Sorry,  got confused.

Not sure if it matters though...

Threads
The article is absurd.

I do however like the classic "piping" motif on MM's suit and feel strong colours suit her.

Avoid pastels, dear Leaderene. :)

Top Bottom