Did the SP500 just tell me the Market topped on Friday.

missy

PI Member
Threads
At what price point do producers cease production ?
We're close to falling below $14.

I remember when it was $5 (back in the 90's).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dan Óg

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Threads
At a very exciting Juncture here. The market is up but the bond market is down and the 10 year has hit 3.144%. I have increased by short in LOW now to 600 shares and that is a lot for me, so we shall see. I could short even more in fact.
The interest rate should kill the market

OP
OP
Dan Óg

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Threads
Things are looking bright for me and it is well past about time. I did indeed short another 100 shares of LOW to bring it to 700 shares. I am still down though. The 10 year is at 3.23% and 3.25 is the rarget to cause pain, as soon as possible.

missy

PI Member
Threads
Things are looking bright for me and it is well past about time. I did indeed short another 100 shares of LOW to bring it to 700 shares. I am still down though. The 10 year is at 3.23% and 3.25 is the rarget to cause pain, as soon as possible.
Are interest rates on student loans fixed or variable ?
They is now in excess of $1.5 trillion.
Student debt just hit $1.5 trillion

This debt absolutely crucifies consumer spending at the most important age-segment of the market.

bartypus

Political Irish
Threads
Ron Paul believes the bond trading pits are giving investors a dire message about the state of the nation's economy.

According to the former Republican Congressman from Texas, the recent jump in Treasury bond yields suggests the U.S. is barreling towards a potential recession and market meltdown at a faster and faster pace.

And, he sees no way to prevent it.
Why Ron Paul thinks the US is barreling towards a stock market plunge of at least 50%

Economist John Williams says the recent rate hikes mean the “Fed is killing off the economy.”

Williams says, “I heard President Trump make some comments to that effect, and he’s right..."

"The Fed is trying to raise rates. The idea is if you get higher rates, the banks will be able to make more profits on their lending. It will also encourage bank lending. Unfortunately, on the consumer end, it raises the consumers’ cost of borrowing as interest rates go up. It makes mortgages more expensive. It makes borrowing more expensive. Mortgages go up, people don’t buy as many houses.

What you are seeing right now is effectively a recession in the housing market, in the construction area. Existing home sales have been down for six or seven months in a row, and it’s down year over year.”

Williams says, “The Fed is trying to get the system back to normal.”

In doing so, the Fed could kill the system. Williams says,

“Well, that’s what they are doing. In many ways, it would have been easier if the banking system would have collapsed and had a banking holiday, and restructured it and reopened it back in 2007 and 2008. That would have been a very difficult time for the people who owned the banks, and again, the Fed owns the banking system.”
John Williams Warns "The Fed Is Killing Off The Economy"

It's bound to bust sooner or later. Trump needs to fire the Fed.

missy

PI Member
Threads

Anderson

Take the red pill
Donator
PI Member
Political Irish
Threads
I like Ron, but isn't he Americas own D4, predicting economic doom for years. (No offence Dublin4!)

OP
OP
Dan Óg

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Threads
Are interest rates on student loans fixed or variable ?
They is now in excess of $1.5 trillion.
Student debt just hit $1.5 trillion

This debt absolutely crucifies consumer spending at the most important age-segment of the market.
Never dealt with student loans and I don't talk about things I don't feel I know a lot about. That is an unusual characteristic of mine.
I do know that it seems to be practically impossible to walk away from though.

OP
OP
Dan Óg

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Threads
Why Ron Paul thinks the US is barreling towards a stock market plunge of at least 50%

Economist John Williams says the recent rate hikes mean the “Fed is killing off the economy.”

John Williams Warns "The Fed Is Killing Off The Economy"

It's bound to bust sooner or later. Trump needs to fire the Fed.
Without doubt the people at the Fed and going to kill the economy and blame Trump but it must not be seen to do so.

You can't fire the fed, and to eliminate would be a major risk, but would be fantastic to see.

OP
OP
Dan Óg

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Threads
I like Ron, but isn't he Americas own D4, predicting economic doom for years. (No offence Dublin4!)
It is not really a case of predicting doom be cause doom is mathimatically impossible to avoid. Once the easy money is stopped, it is over
The amazing thing is that it was able to last this long.

OP
OP
Dan Óg

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Threads
We are right at the crucial 3.25 on the 10 year now and anything could happen.

Top Bottom