Did Lynn Boylan's support for Ibrahim Halawa help or hurt Sinn Féin in the election?

Dublin Stan

PI Member
How do the Sinn Fein bashers explain the rise of Martin Ferris and his family dynasty? Surely Kerry was well enough served without him? Don't give me the rebel Kerry line either. Ferris did not come in on the Boylan wave. He came in on an earlier boat

Sham Fox

The Gulag Party
Donator
PI Member
How do the Sinn Fein bashers explain the rise of Martin Ferris and his family dynasty? Surely Kerry was well enough served without him? Don't give me the rebel Kerry line either. Ferris did not come in on the Boylan wave. He came in on an earlier boat
'earlier boat' - nice one! That's part of his 'appeal.'
I also explain it by him being a total bully and complete arse licker of the Adams faction.

Dublin Stan

PI Member
'earlier boat' - nice one! That's part of his 'appeal.'I also explain it by him being a total bully and complete arse licker of the Adams faction.
I thought SF grafted hard in the constituences. When "peace" came, how much of a peace dividend did they get at ballot boxes not near the border? When he became TD, he was just another loafer with a free medical card. GAA? He had been a good player prior to Kerry's 4 in a row and his IRA efforts? But Jimmy Deenihan got almost two quotas in Kerry North which had been the only constituency without a FG TD. And Ferris took the seat of Dick Spring whose ol fella had also kicked ball for Kerry.

Sham Fox

The Gulag Party
Donator
PI Member
I thought SF grafted hard in the constituences. When "peace" came, how much of a peace dividend did they get at ballot boxes not near the border? When he became TD, he was just another loafer with a free medical card. GAA? He had been a good player prior to Kerry's 4 in a row and his IRA efforts? But Jimmy Deenihan got almost two quotas in Kerry North which had been the only constituency without a FG TD. And Ferris took the seat of Dick Spring whose ol fella had also kicked ball for Kerry.
Maybe he learned how to get dead people to vote from the Belfast boys.

Dublin Stan

PI Member
I put it down to a lot of Kerry voters thinking he was a republican in a republican party. Hopefully they know better.
But again they gave Jimmy Deenihan almost two quotas and they elected Springs for yonks. Healy Rae is different: hard workers, chase every vote. I am not arguing with you but these formulas have to be cracked

There is a way back for the shinners.
They force or pretend to force mlou and mon to resign. They take the blame for the drop and all the partys woes. Replace with joint leaders pearse and Matt. And in the north John odowd and John finucane.

Dublin Stan

PI Member
There is a way back for the shinners.They force or pretend to force mlou and mon to resign. They take the blame for the drop and all the partys woes. Replace with joint leaders pearse and Matt. And in the north John odowd and John finucane./QUOTE]
Let's go with your important thesis. Let'sa call SF Man Utd and the four you name as great soccer maangers. Will that aloneproduce the Sir Alex/Gerry times? Abandoning our metaphor, if not, why not? The big variable is the Irish electorate who are as loyal as a whore in a truckers' knocking shop

Top Bottom