• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Keith Woods Derrick Jensen Deep Green Resistance

SwordOfStCatherine

So you are no longer a Christian given that you now completely reject the message of hope contained in the NT and also the words of Jesus as recorded therin.
That’s a pity and it’s also a bad mistake on your part but you have free will and many others think the way you do unfortunately.
No I do not reject the message of hope contained in the New Testament; however it is a message of Heavenly and not worldly hope.

The Field Marshal

PI Member
No I do not reject the message of hope contained in the New Testament; however it is a message of Heavenly and not worldly hope.
But you reject it as inapplicable to life on earth.
In addition you reject the undoubted vast leap in technical progress over the past two millennia, an advance intrinsically connected to the advent of Christendom.
Why do you seem to want people to continue suffer from the horrors of polio, smallpox , cancer etc?
All these technical advances to combat these afflictions are the work of the devil according to your outlook.
You no doubt also support the antipopes statement that air conditioning is a bad thing despite the fact that it eases the pain of persons suffering in tropical climates.
You need to meditate deeply on these matters and stop your utter nonsense and hatred for technical progress.

Sham dÓg

PI Member
In addition you reject the undoubted vast leap in technical progress over the past two millennia, an advance intrinsically connected to the advent of Christendom.
Why do you seem to want people to continue suffer from the horrors of polio, smallpox , cancer etc?
All these technical advances to combat these afflictions are the work of the devil according to your outlook.
You no doubt also support the antipopes statement that air conditioning is a bad thing despite the fact that it eases the pain of persons suffering in tropical climates.
You need to meditate deeply on these matters and stop your utter nonsense and hatred for technical progress.
Do you think Bill Gates and his vaccine mafia know more about our incredible immune systems than the creator? Vaccines cause disease - not cure them.

You have a lot to learn on this topic.

Here's a good start.

And by the way here's something I came across last night - when Dr. Andrew Zimmerman, who was the expert medical witness FOR THE GOVERNMENT in the U.S. vaccine court eventually came to the conclusion that vaccines DID INDEED cause autism in certain cases back in 2007 - he was given the boot. Go figure.

SwordOfStCatherine

It depends what you mean by that.

Everybody laughs at and often despise the American and Americanized "Health and Wealth Gospel"/"Prosperity Gospel" Pentecostal Prods, and they are indeed ridiculous creatures. However you have shall we say a more refined version of the "Health and Wealth Gospel". Also I do not share your attitude to pain.

The Field Marshal

PI Member
It depends what you mean by that.

Everybody laughs at and often despise the American and Americanized "Health and Wealth Gospel"/"Prosperity Gospel" Pentecostal Prods, and they are indeed ridiculous creatures. However you have shall we say a more refined version of the "Health and Wealth Gospel". Also I do not share your attitude to pain.
I’m not discussing any so called prosperity gospel merely a normal catholic approach to life and work.
The Catholicism I subscribe to all my life has never, unlike antipope francis, promoted pauperism as a positive thing.
The Catholicism I adhere to also teaches that the natural world exists for mans use and benefit and is not to be worshipped as having divine qualities.
Indeed such worship is condemned as sinful.
The antipope that you support worships and deifies nature.

On the matter of human pain the Catholic Church I was reared in always advocated getting a doctor to alleviate pain or taking medicine etc.
Indeed Catholics who deliberately neglect their health in a serious way commit a sin against the 5th .
commandment.

Obviously you reject all this and want a life of endless pain and also want to go back to the Stone Age and discard every modern convenience and medical advance.

Yourself and Bergolio really do have an awful lot in common but neither of you belong to what is known as the Roman Catholic Church.

OP
ShumanTheHuman

ShumanTheHuman

PI Member
Pentti Linkola, who was referred to in the discussion in the OP, was one early voices in the Deep Ecology movement, even though Jensen hadn't read him, Linkola's ideas make him appear to be a precursor to DGR
In this 1988 documentary his ideal version of his homeland of Finland is outlined and how it could be achieved

Last edited:
Top Bottom