• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Keith Woods Derrick Jensen Deep Green Resistance

ShumanTheHuman

PI Member
I was very excited when Woods announced his next guest and I was not disappointed. I've been looking into Derrick Jensen and his anti civilisation beliefs since Woods used the famous clip of Jansen playing Queer Theory Jeopardy a while back. There is no getting away from the fact that Jensen and his philosophy are extreme but I do find his thoughts compelling and more and more convincing.
The interview, for the first 30mins anyway, is a bit all over the place with plenty of interruptions from barking dogs to Jensens phone ringing, he does not appear to know how to mute his phone. Jensen warms to Woods very much and the conversation becomes more relaxed and revealing as it progresses.
There is plenty here that many here will find out there or even objectionable but I would encourage persistence

OP
ShumanTheHuman

ShumanTheHuman

PI Member
Each time now I hear the word “ Green” in connection with politics I immediately connect it with “Snot “and “Shit “in that order.
I know I'm pissing in the wind but Jensen would regard what you consider "Green" the same as you would the Argentine currently resident in St Peters

The Field Marshal

PI Member
I know I'm pissing in the wind but Jensen would regard what you consider "Green" the same as you would the Argentine currently resident in St Peters
I have not watched your video clip as my policy' is that OPs should give the gist of their thread in writing.
I don’t know who Jensen is and I see no reason from you yet to try find out.

Therefore my stance on Green politics = Snot +Shit , remains unchanged.

OP
ShumanTheHuman

ShumanTheHuman

PI Member
I have not watched your video clip as my policy' is that OPs should give the gist of their thread in writing.
I don’t know who Jensen is and I see no reason from you yet to try find out.

Therefore my stance on Green politics = Snot +Shit , remains unchanged.
And yet here you are. Again

Reactions: jpc

Eriugena

PI Member
Shuman - I have not had a chance to look at the video but I will as I am a KW subscriber and will comment.
Is this chap Jensen in the same territory as people like John Zerzan or Uncle Ted?

OP
ShumanTheHuman

ShumanTheHuman

PI Member
Shuman - I have not had a chance to look at the video but I will as I am a KW subscriber and will comment.
Is this chap Jensen in the same territory as people like John Zerzan or Uncle Ted?
Had to look up Zerzan, but yeah on the face of it they are preaching from the same hymn book. I think Jensen would place less emphasis on primitivism. Jensen comments on the UB in the vid. He agrees with his critique but is not a fan of nail bombs. DGR advocates for violence against infrastructure not people

They both are pro TERF by the looks of it which Unkie Ted would have no time for I'd say

Thanks for bringing up Zerzan, I'll be checking him out next

OP
ShumanTheHuman

ShumanTheHuman

PI Member
Well I do get enormous satisfaction in pointing out the basic political truth that all Green Party policies = Snots + Faeces.
And you still have yet to explain what this mediocrity Jensens is waffling about.
There is plenty of info in the OP - follow the links for more. If thats not enough for you this is not the thread for you I guess.

Reactions: jpc

The Field Marshal

PI Member
There is plenty of info in the OP - follow the links for more. If thats not enough for you this is not the thread for you I guess.
Actually there is very little info in the OP.
As you were instructed all OPs should contain a short written statement of what the thread subject is.

Your OP contains nothing of the kind.

RealMcCoy

PI Member
Why anyone would want to listen to two spas talking shite is beyond me.

Top Bottom