Hot David McWilliams supports former Irish Diplomat "that Ireland considers a future of outside the EU!"

Dublin 4

Premium Account

His view is grounded in a belief that Ireland’s relationship with the UK is more important than its membership of the EU.

“I remember getting a briefing on the Lisbon Treaty and the people had come back from Brussels and said, ‘There’s absolutely nothing in this for Ireland – by the way, our position deteriorates because our influence is less’.

“I remember saying: ‘Why should we vote for it?’ And they’d say, ‘Well, you know, Europe has been very good for us, and what’s good for Europe is good for us.’

I said that’s fine and all, and then we had the Lisbon referendum and the day or two after it, people in government were wondering how to reverse it.

“And it seemed to me that there’s something not quite kosher about this, you know . . . people will not accept views that are different from their own.

Bassett says that he advised that Ireland should strongly support the then British prime minister David Cameron’s attempts to negotiate a new relationship between the UK and the EU before the Brexit referendum.

“And I was told that wasn’t it, we had to show we were 100 per cent behind the EU,” he says.

“I thought it was madness what we did – row in with Juncker and all those people.”

The same mentality – following the EU line regardless of Irish interests – now threatens Ireland in the Brexit process to come, he believes.

Former ambassador condemns Ireland’s Brexit policy

Further Reading.

Project Jeer: now Major Academic Bruce Arnold calls for Ireland to leave Goldman Sachs/EU! lol!

Project Jeer- "David McWilliams: On Brexit, we're closer to London than Berlin or Paris"

'Dragon's Den Entrepreneur Peter Casey: 'We have more in common with the British than the Germans. We should absolutely leave the EU'

Project Jeer: The Late Late latest Exit call- Gaybo says Ireland should dump Goldman Sachs/EU! Lol!

Project Jeer- Michael O'Leary "tell the EU to fu*k off" David McWilliams "EU is a thing of the past"

Project Jeer: "Leo Varadkar says EU could become Museum Piece"

Asif

Political Irish
Is this the same David Mcwilliams who said the FG recovery couldn't work, it cant happen, its never happened in the History of the world?

LOL

OP
OP
Dublin 4

Dublin 4

Premium Account
He's only a spooftroll ignore him...

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Is this the same David Mcwilliams who said the FG recovery couldn't work, it cant happen, its never happened in the History of the world?

LOL

Well, the FG gombeens are certainly doing well - even gave themselves a 10% pay increase starting yesterday - but there's been no economic recovery for anyone else. Ireland and Luxembourg still have the highest private debt to GDP ratios in the world, at over 400 %. The USA has less than half that. And when you consider that the Irish GDP figures are vastly distorted by multinational money laundering, the true figure for Ireland is at least twice that of Luxembourg. Ireland has a public debt that it cannot pay - and a private debt that the media and politicians are too frightened to even talk about. But let's put figures on it.

Public Debt - 240 billion euro.

Private Debt - 210 billion euro.

Total Debt - 450 billion euro.

That's the reality of the FG "recovery." Ireland is, in fact, in the last stages of terminal illness.

Top Bottom