David Icke, nut or truthseeker?

Anderson

Take the red pill
Donator
Premium Account
David Vaughan Icke

is an English writer and public speaker. A former footballer and sports broadcaster, Icke has made his name since the 1990s as a professional conspiracy theorist,calling himself a "full time investigator into who and what is really controlling the world."He is the author of over 20 books and numerous DVDs, and has lectured in over 25 countries, speaking for up to 10 hours to audiences that cut across the political spectrum.

Icke was a BBC television sports presenter and spokesman for the Green Party, when a psychic told him, in 1990, that he had been placed on Earth for a purpose and would begin to receive messages from the spirit world. The following year he announced that he was a "Son of the Godhead", and that the world would soon be devastated by tidal waves and earthquakes, a prediction he repeated on the BBC's primetime show Wogan.The show changed his life, turning him from a respected household name into someone who was laughed at whenever he appeared in public.

David Icke - Wikipedia

Ive often wondered about this guy, is he genuine, legit or is he some nut who is followed by thousands?

Is he a scam artists cashing in on all the other nuts out there?

I find him interesting, maybe I dont beleive everything he says but as someone who always keeps an open mind I do listen to what he has to say, I then try to research this myself.

This is one of his latest messages to the world.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
I think he is nutty, but I also think he is incredibly sincere, and often he comes up with excellent information and makes good points but than he undermines himself with coming out with whacky theories such as his one about the moon.

As regards the thing about the "Repitilians" well "shape shifting" is a phenomena that is found across the world and where there is smoke there is often as not is fire, there is a lot more strangeness on this planet than a lot of people will admit. That said I don't believe in the idea of the elites coming from other planets or even the idea that it would be possible for creatures from other planets to reach ours even if they do exist.

Icke had a DMT trip in South America during the 80s and I think this experience overwhelmed and short circuited his senses. So the short answer is that he carries both new insights but he's also quite erratic.

Sighting reptilians is a common feature of these kind of trips.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Icke certainly did have a breakdown in the 1980s, or early 90s - can't remember which. And he was destroyed before millions of people on TV by Terry Wogan - who I always considered a prime cretin. I presume that Icke does suffer from schizophrenia - but so have many great people who had brilliant minds. When a person has a schizophrenic breakdown, their psychological ordering of the world breaks down. This is the crisis phase of the breakdown. But the mind regains stability by creating a new ordering of the world. Very often the person will experience this new ordering as a sudden revelation from outside this world - in the old days this was usually a divine revelation given to them by a saint or angel, but in today's science fiction world the revelation is very like to involve aliens from outer space. The schizophrenic person will then cling to this revelation for dear life - as he \ she comes to believe that this revelation is the whole purpose of their life - and believe that she \ she must pass on this revelation to the rest of the world. Which is not to say that what Icke is saying is wrong. If you leave out the bit about alien reptiles, then 95% of what he says is completely true. And he does say it in a way that is entertaining and engaging. The fact is that he reaches the ordinary person in a way that learned Marxist professors never could, and he explains the core truth, i.e. that there is a tiny elite that are keeping the rest of us in perpetual war and misery all for the sake of their own profits.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Icke certainly did have a breakdown in the 1980s, or early 90s - can't remember which. And he was destroyed before millions of people on TV by Terry Wogan - who I always considered a prime cretin. I presume that Icke does suffer from schizophrenia - but so have many great people who had brilliant minds. When a person has a schizophrenic breakdown, their psychological ordering of the world breaks down. This is the crisis phase of the breakdown. But the mind regains stability by creating a new ordering of the world. Very often the person will experience this new ordering as a sudden revelation from outside this world - in the old days this was usually a divine revelation given to them by a saint or angel, but in today's science fiction world the revelation is very like to involve aliens from outer space. The schizophrenic person will then cling to this revelation for dear life - as he \ she comes to believe that this revelation is the whole purpose of their life - and believe that she \ she must pass on this revelation to the rest of the world. Which is not to say that what Icke is saying is wrong. If you leave out the bit about alien reptiles, then 95% of what he says is completely true. And he does say it in a way that is entertaining and engaging. The fact is that he reaches the ordinary person in a way that learned Marxist professors never could, and he explains the core truth, i.e. that there is a tiny elite that are keeping the rest of us in perpetual war and misery all for the sake of their own profits.
It is important to remember that it was 9/11 and the obvious holes in the official story that gave him the credibility that he has. He more or less predicted 9/11.

Icke regularly packs out stadia. People flock to see him. The guy gets his crowds out that's for sure.

Oddly enough I rarely encounter anyone online that interested in him. Or he's on par with the other eccentric researchers online. But in RL, he's the name that draws in huge numbers. He's particularly big in Croatia.

Alex Jones is pals with Icke. Although there's early videos of Jones denouncing him, they subsequently formed an "alliance". Jesse Ventura is another guy that has no time for Icke and he gave him a dressing down on his show. Icke has a busy vbulletin forum out here -- although there's alot of dizzy liberals on it.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Icke regularly packs out stadia. People flock to see him. The guy gets his crowds out that's for sure.

Oddly enough I rarely encounter anyone online that interested in him. Or he's on par with the other eccentric researchers online. But in RL, he's the name that draws in huge numbers. He's particularly big in Croatia.

Alex Jones is pals with Icke. Although there's early videos of Jones denouncing him, they subsequently formed an "alliance". Jesse Ventura is another guy that has no time for Icke and he gave him a dressing down on his show. Icke has a busy vbulletin forum out here -- although there's alot of dizzy liberals on it.

The one thing that I'd take issue with about Icke's narrative is that it ignores the systematic nature of exploitation. It's easy for ordinary people to accept that the world is a sewer because devilishly clever fiends have taken control and are ruining everything for the rest of us. It's harder to make them see and accept the extent to which they themselves collude in this system - and how much they really are emotionally attached to it. Indeed, blaming supervillains like Soros is largely a way of not blaming the Capitalist system itself, and hoping that Capitalism can go on. Alex Jones is far worse than Icke in this regard, but I put that down to him being an American.

Top Bottom