Daily Telegraph: Most English are not British as British English are a dwindling minority

@graceland.com

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
Good video - makes the clear point that there is a difference between English which is an ethnicity and British which is a nationality. "English" is only available through parentage whereas "British" is available to everyone who lives on that piece of land.

It does highlight the fact that Ireland doesnt have this established distinction - "Irish" is a nationality and an ethnicity. As every Tom, Dick and Harry from anywhere can adopt Irish nationality it means that people cant use the term Irish to identify their exclusive ethnicity.

Maybe people should start using the term "Gaeilic" or some variant to identify themselves by their ethnicity. Presumably the West Dublin Ghetto Gangs and the Muslim Brotherhood terrorists and the Belorussian ISIS fighters and the Taxi driver sex pests etc who use the term "Irish" to identity themselves would not identify themselves as "Gaelic".
you have irish
then you have paper irish
its quiite simple
if you are real irish you dont need the paper

@graceland.com

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
Thanks for the link.
i found it interesting, i always thought they were a joke band but there is an
intereting insight into the working class londoners who basically
suffered what inner city dubliners are being sbject to now
in that their communities are being changed before their eyes

a bit like the proclaimers, i thought their single letter from america
although very catchy was just a kind of joke song but in fact it is very relevant
to the history of scotland, and some of their albums are very very good.

Top Bottom