Daily Telegraph: Most English are not British as British English are a dwindling minority

Plasticpaddy

PI Member
There's one way for England to achieve Brexit – and that's by achieving independence from the UK

Ever since the EU referendum, Scottish Nationalists have said their country should leave the UK to stay in the EU.

Yet, even with Brexit at risk of being cancelled, it never occurs to the English to play a similar game: leave the UK to leave the EU.

Is English independence from the UK so unthinkable?

Only because nobody thinks about it.

More than 53 per cent of people in England voted Leave, rising to more than 60 per cent in some regions.

Why should the English, by far the largest proportion of people in the UK, be denied the Brexit they so clearly want?

Yes, there are some who feel more British than English, for whom leaving the UK would be deeply hurtful.

But they’re a dwindling minority....

There's one way for England to achieve Brexit – and that's by achieving independence from the UK

Farage claims second Brexit vote would see 'biggest Anglo-Saxon two fingers up in history'

Poll Northern Nationalists are 2nd Class "UK" Citizens but the English are 3rd Class & English people in London + Birmingham etc are actually 4th Class!!

Some contrast in the World Cup 1966 Pic & World Cup 2018 Pic :D

C'mon England, c'mon the Nation State :D
I want the so called UK to break up an independent Scotland will mean English independence anyway.As for identity you can be English and British too,if it means getting Brexit and controlling immigration,then yes please an independent England,it'll be great fun.😊😈

Myles O'Reilly

Top Bloke
Donator
PI Member
Are Anglo Saxons ( with 4 anglo-saxon grandparents) an endangered species ? You seen who all their women are heading off with ? and who are their men heading off with ? i bet its not with each other
English and Irish women are coal burning tramps.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
The problem is that expressions of English nationalism have largely been taken over by extreme groups. This may be a result of two forces: a general apathy among the public towards the concept of what being English meant; also that possibly the most coherent and identifiable English "tribe" were the football supporters.

I recall some bint in Labour who tweeted mockingly a photo of a soccer fan's house with a huge George Cross hanging outside it. Tone deafness writ large. There was a bit of an outcry, but she has since then been promoted to the shadow cabinet.

One thing which often struck me when I worked there in the run up to St Patrick's day many pubs would deck themselves in green. On the day itself the stuff would wear green.

I never saw any similar effort for George's Day.

Dublin 4

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Premium
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I want the so called UK to break up an independent Scotland will mean English independence anyway.As for identity you can be English and British too,if it means getting Brexit and controlling immigration,then yes please an independent England,it'll be great fun.😊😈
Heading that Direction alright :D

McTell

PI Member
but who would pay to sub in the Northern Irish and the Scottish?
Yes, surely the notion of the sub is to keep them harmlessly at home, frying their mars bars, and not in Reading looking for someone else's job.

@graceland.com

Donator
PI Member
I happened to watch a program about chas and Dave yesterday
You know the cockney style group
Dave it seems was a good musician who played for some big names
He said he got fed up singing in a fake amerucan accent
So decided to sing in his own accent and reflect London
London working class values and ideas and phrases
Upon hearing this it dawned on me , they were more than a joke
He had a very good point, he retained his roots and sang about them
About working class Londoner songs from music halls on
It was interesting to note videos of their concerts
The audience Were almost exclusively white.

A

Last edited:

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
Good video - makes the clear point that there is a difference between English which is an ethnicity and British which is a nationality. "English" is only available through parentage whereas "British" is available to everyone who lives on that piece of land.

It does highlight the fact that Ireland doesnt have this established distinction - "Irish" is a nationality and an ethnicity. As every Tom, Dick and Harry from anywhere can adopt Irish nationality it means that people cant use the term Irish to identify their exclusive ethnicity.

Maybe people should start using the term "Gaeilic" or some variant to identify themselves by their ethnicity. Presumably the West Dublin Ghetto Gangs and the Muslim Brotherhood terrorists and the Belorussian ISIS fighters and the Taxi driver sex pests etc who use the term "Irish" to identity themselves would not identify themselves as "Gaelic".

I happened to watch a program about chas and Dave yesterday
You know the cockney style group
Dave it seems was a good musician who played for some big names
He said he got fed up singing in a fake amerucan accent
So decided to sing in his own accent and reflect London
London working class values and ideas and phrases
Upon hearing this it dawned on me , they were more than a joke
He had a very good point, he retained his roots and sang about them
About working class Londoner songs from music halls on
It was interesting to note videos of their concerts
The audience Were almost exclusively white.

A
Thanks for the link.

Top Bottom