Cuts to single parents allowance 09/14 part of the agenda?

Irish Warrior

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
Does anyone else agree that the cuts to single parents allowance brought in by both the Cowen & Kenny governments were part of the master plan to make abortion an attractive option for young women
Of course, you can't depend on infantile boys to provide anything for their spawn when they've had their fun.

Superhans

Administrator
Donator
Premium Account
Does anyone else agree that the cuts to single parents allowance brought in by both the Cowen & Kenny governments were part of the master plan to make abortion an attractive option for young women
Good point, I had never thought of it that way previously.

Also, Child benefits haven't gone up in years, neither has Family Income Supplement. Everything this government and the last have done is, in fact, anti-family.

Florence

PI Member
I don't agree at all. As far as I am aware neither Cowen or Kenny were pro choicers! Child benefit didn't go up for some years and this was because the country was broke and the amount here was relatively good compared to other countries.

We should do away with the term single parent as it is a misnomer unless their partner is dead. Separated parent would be a more accurate term. There doesn't seem any government commitment to make the parent not caring for the child make a financial contribution appropriate to his/her income.

Superhans

Administrator
Donator
Premium Account
I don't agree at all. As far as I am aware neither Cowen or Kenny were pro choicers! Child benefit didn't go up for some years and this was because the country was broke and the amount here was relatively good compared to other countries.

We should do away with the term single parent as it is a misnomer unless their partner is dead. Separated parent would be a more accurate term. There doesn't seem any government commitment to make the parent not caring for the child make a financial contribution appropriate to his/her income.
Despite the country in full recovery mode this government have done little to promote the family or provide financial incentives for people to have children, one of the key things and excuses for shipping in migrants is because Irish birth rates are too low, despite this everything the Irish government has done is to reduce those birth rates even further.

vii

PI Member
I’d initially thought it low impact, how many single parents planned ahead? While slutting about, and presented with the kill decision, would those payments feature heavily in the decision process, I thought she would either find killing sexy or she would not.

You can spin it multiple ways e.g “no payments for you because you should be ashamed...”, which makes others think and reduces the population of loose women.

Top Bottom