Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Cursing as Gaeilge

RealMcCoy

PI Member
Fuck you, you mother fucking cuntwhore piece of shit. Fucking dickhead, the state of you you unrequited wankstain, go fuck yourself!

KULVAR!!!!

SHIBA!!!

I've been immersed to a certain extent in Gaeilge most of my life and I haven't a clue how to curse in Irish. The words apparently don't exist.

Is Gaeilge a clean language? What does that say about us that the curse words which come so easily (for me anyway) can't be translated into our mother tongue?

An bhfuil fhios ag aon duine cad é fuck as Gaeilge?

OP
RealMcCoy

RealMcCoy

PI Member
I'll save you time. It doesn't exist. If it did I'd know.

Shiba Kulvar motherfuckers.

watsinaname

PI Member
Fuck you, you mother fucking cuntwhore piece of shit. Fucking dickhead, the state of you you unrequited wankstain, go fuck yourself!

KULVAR!!!!

SHIBA!!!

I've been immersed to a certain extent in Gaeilge most of my life and I haven't a clue how to curse in Irish. The words apparently don't exist.

Is Gaeilge a clean language? What does that say about us that the curse words which come so easily (for me anyway) can't be translated into our mother tongue?

An bhfuil fhios ag aon duine cad é fuck as Gaeilge?
It's great listening to Scots and Irish people talking in the auld tongue, the they go and waste it by asking for a "coffee"

TW Tone

PI Member
Irish is full of curses; read Cré na Cille for a list.
Go ngearra an diabhal na magairlí anuas díot le sceana maola = May the devil cut your balls right off with blunt knives! is a good one.

But that's not the point.
The curses or bad language of Cre na Cille would be unknown to such native speakers as we have left.

I have heard the ugly Bearlachas raighdeail. used to describe coitus.
Amazing that a language had to borrow for such a basic term.

OP
RealMcCoy

RealMcCoy

PI Member
Irish is full of curses; read Cré na Cille for a list.
Go ngearra an diabhal na magairlí anuas díot le sceana maola = May the devil cut your balls right off with blunt knives! is a good one.

It's not quite the same though, That's an actual curse as oppossed to a curse word?

Top Bottom