Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Cowen seriously ill ?

valamhic

PI Member
They couldn't regulate lending practices? Why not?
They are not regulating it now. The regulator appointed after the crash is long gone. The fella there now told me in a letter he has no time to perform his functions. Its in my dossier. When I reported him to the Public Accounts Committee and sent him a copy he changed his mind and now will investigate. However he said he would not have time to inform me of the outcome. If you point out 10 breaches of the Companies Act with serious breaches of that Act supported by documentary evidence, he will acknowledge receiot and tell you he will only investigate a crime.

The Director of Corporate enforcement Act says other wise. Companies can run riot and are breaching the Act big time to get by their insolvency and he will stand idly by

Helen Back

Donator
PI Member
The man is gravely ill, and may God comfort him.

He got a lot wrong, but he called FG a bunch of Freemason fuckers, so he got that right.

darkhorse3

PI Member
They couldn't regulate lending practices? Why not?
Deeply unpopular and really the banks decision
Now the banks are very wary of lending anything hence first time buyers are excluded from the market
Which is better - to have a high mortgage or to live in rented accommodation?

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
They are not regulating it now. The regulator appointed after the crash is long gone. The fella there now told me in a letter he has no time to perform his functions. Its in my dossier. When I reported him to the Public Accounts Committee and sent him a copy he changed his mind and now will investigate. However he said he would not have time to inform me of the outcome. If you point out 10 breaches of the Companies Act with serious breaches of that Act supported by documentary evidence, he will acknowledge receiot and tell you he will only investigate a crime.

The Director of Corporate enforcement Act says other wise. Companies can run riot and are breaching the Act big time to get by their insolvency and he will stand idly by
I know.

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
Deeply unpopular and really the banks decision
Now the banks are very wary of lending anything hence first time buyers are excluded from the market
Which is better - to have a high mortgage or to live in rented accommodation?
I don't buy that. There's nothing stopping government from regulating Bankers.

The banks are currently not very wary of lending anything.

The credit regs were relaxed after Honohan retired.

darkhorse3

PI Member
I don't buy that. There's nothing stopping government from regulating Bankers.

The banks are currently not very wary of lending anything.

The credit regs were relaxed after Honohan retired.
No idea where you are getting that from
The banks are lending nothing near the cost of buying a house in Dublin for first time buyers

D

Deleted member 163

Non Registered Member
Well said Val . That poster Darkhorse is spewing complete jive talk
What MagicArse and others did was not bail out the builders but instead they forced the Irish people to bail out the foreign bond holders to the tune of 70 billion euro which the people will never be able to pay off.

MagicArse is your typical gombeen who did not even have the brains to pockets millions most likely as he totally shafted the people.

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member

darkhorse3

PI Member

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
Except there are tens of thousands of families who are homeless
The figures:

"THERE ARE NOW just under 10,000 homeless adults and children living in state-funded emergency accommodation across the country, latest figures reveal."

Whilst it isn't right that these people cannot afford even a modest home, I would argue that they're not homeless.

Anyway, we're going on a detour here. My point was about the Banking fraternity's unholy influence on Government.

Top Bottom