• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

COVID-19 Coronavirus Official Irish Updates

roc_

PI Member
I think the simple point being made is that the first, now retracted study has more of an impression on the mind.
I would say it's the other way around.

Remember political animal said "the retractions never see the light of day". That was a major part of his point.

But that's not true. It's manifestly false. And as far as I can see it was run by every single publication that ran the story of the original study that I have checked.

So what's more likely to stay in mind and/or make more of an impression? Which is more sensational? - The story of the study or the story that it was retracted?

jpc

PI Member
You said that "the studies make the headlines but the retractions never see the light of day".

I ask you for such a headline, and you cite me the retraction in the medical journal it appeared in?

Can you read and think? Try again. We're waiting.

(If I do a search myself for 'Hydroxychloroquine multinational registry analysis' all I see is a big list of retractions, no media 'headlines' about the original findings of this study at all.)
You score an A+ in pedantry!

• Haha
Reactions: Ant

Ant

PI Member
I would say it's the other way around.

Remember political animal said "the retractions never see the light of day". That was a major part of his point.

But that's not true. It's manifestly false. And as far as I can see it was run by every single publication that ran the story of the original study that I have checked.

So what's more likely to stay in mind and/or make more of an impression? Which is more sensational? - The story of the study or the story that it was retracted?
Yes, that's exactly what you should consider. Think again.

roc_

PI Member
Yes, that's exactly what you should consider. Think again.
Maybe you should. It was a MASSIVE story. It caused absolute ruptions and was discussed endlessly. E.g.

"... Call it the retraction that shook the coronavirus world.
On June 4, the Lancet, the British medical journal that is one of the most prestigious scientific publications in the world, withdrew a paper that had been one of the most consequential in the novel field of coronavirus studies..."

And even three and a half months after it happened you can see above the idiot covid sceptics still trying to create conspiracies out of the story! So come on now, you think again...

Last edited:

NewIre

PI Member

Ant

PI Member
Maybe you should. It was a MASSIVE story. It caused absolute ruptions and was discussed endlessly. E.g.

"... Call it the retraction that shook the coronavirus world.
On June 4, the Lancet, the British medical journal that is one of the most prestigious scientific publications in the world, withdrew a paper that had been one of the most consequential in the novel field of coronavirus studies..."

And even three and a half months after it happened you can see above the idiot covid sceptics still trying to create conspiracies out of the story! So come on now...
I'm no pro Trumper.

But all the radical anti Trumpers just won't accept that, on a deeper level, MASSIVE or not. They were targeted and played. That's the effect - it's done.

You posted a study from the lancet recently that should be retracted, it literally contradicts itself within a sentence - but you ran with it...

roc_

PI Member
You posted a study from the lancet recently that should be retracted, it literally contradicts itself within a sentence - but you ran with it...
Maybe you should call a conference of the world's scientists and medical people and let them know about this "contradiction". It appears to have sneaked past them. Fame and fortune awaits...

Ant

PI Member
Maybe you should call a conference of the world's scientists and medical people and let them know about this "contradiction". It appears to have sneaked past them. Fame and fortune awaits...
It's a fact - it is plainly contradictory within the space of a sentence. There are other bizarre omissions and an imbalance of Diabetics 6/1.

You, actually have a crazy scare mongering thread about neurological diseases medium/long term effects and suggest it's 'one to watch'.

Be aware you are being targeted too.

Polyco

PI Member

What we have to accept is that Youtube, Twitter etc are just part of the mainstream media with interests of their own and need to be treated with the same disdain. TBH I never understood how Twitter, a money making corporation, became the preferred channel for politicains and even governments to broadcast their policies and decisions.

Top Bottom