Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

COVID-19 Coronavirus General Discussion

M1A2

PI Member
Last flu season ran into 2020, when they started classifying flu as Covid 19.

What about other years?

Also, it might be an idea to combine the numbers with viral pneumonia and other respiratory illnesses, that have been wrongly classified as Covid 19, along with many other causes of death that occur within 28 days of a positive test (which is considered not fit for purpose due to its inaccuracy and high rate of false positives).

All the data you need is here.

One example, also addressing other respiratory viruses as well:

Screenshot_20210223-042619_Drive.md.jpg

And so on.

Also the test is for SARS-COV-2, not flu virus.

Case definition for covid is clear and published, thats all settled now.

False positives from the test are EXTREMELY small. The demonstration of this is Australia and NZ, where thousands of tests are being conducted. But due to the very low transmission of covid, there are also no positive cases at all, when you might expect false positives would dominate. I mean, where are all these false positives in Australia and NZ?

Last edited:
Thank you, I appreciate you going to the trouble of posting these stats. But they have to be read in the context of being combined with records of other respiratory viral illnesses which are also circulating at this time when comparing them to Covid 19 stats, which cannot be confirmed anyway due to the inaccuracy of the test.

M1A2

PI Member
Thank you, I appreciate you going to the trouble of posting these stats. But they have to be read in the context of being combined with records of other respiratory viral illnesses which are also circulating at this time when comparing them to Covid 19 stats, which cannot be confirmed anyway due to the inaccuracy of the test.
Sorry, you missed my last edits.

The report does cover other respiratory viruses. It has this table for instance.

Screenshot_20210223-051948_Drive.md.jpg

False positives from the test are EXTREMELY small. The demonstration of this is Australia and NZ, where thousands of tests are being conducted. But due to the very low transmission of covid, there are almost no positive cases at all, when you might expect false positives would dominate. I mean, where are all these massive false positives in Australia and NZ?

The report does cover other respiratory viruses. It has this table for instance.

False positives from the test are EXTREMELY small. The demonstration of this is Australia and NZ, where thousands of tests are being conducted. But due to the very low transmission of covid, there are almost no positive cases at all, when you might expect false positives would dominate. I mean, where are all these massive false positives in Australia and NZ?

So this table indicates that for 2019 going in to Feb 2020 the majority of respiratory outbreaks were mainly flu, An unspecified corona virus was responsible for 1 outbreak. Does flu then disappear? Thanks for the link btw, I must have a better look at it in the morning.

M1A2

PI Member
So this table indicates that for 2019 going in to Feb 2020 the majority of respiratory outbreaks were mainly flu, An unspecified corona virus was responsible for 1 outbreak. Does flu then disappear? Thanks for the link btw, I must have a better look at it in the morning.
Masks and social distancing. Also arrivals at Dublin Airport vastly reduced. Vaccinations would have helped too, but it was much harder for new flu strains to get established in Ireland this winter.

Same in Australia.

Last edited:

Polyco

PI Member

Which implies that the case definition for covid was not at all clear before, yet we we had huge damage inflicted despite this, i.e. based on over reliance on dodgy results.

Is it really any clearer now? The PCR swab is taken from the nose, it merely indicates the presence of the some DNA that resembles the virus and not whether it is actually infecting the person. You might as well tell us that a guy died from drinking because a bottle of scotch was found in his house, without actually testing for it in his blood.

Charlottesweb

PI Member
Anyone who infers that because a person who seems familiar with philosophy therefore must have been a philosophy undergraduate is not au fait with basic logic. That is what is called by logicians a 'blunder'.
Its not because you seem "familiar", its because you shoehorn philosophy into every discussion. If a poster stated 2 plus two equals five, you would divert the conversation by pontificating on the duality of the number two.

That seems to be in dispute so no, it is not "incontrovertible". Indeed very little qualifies as that.

If you believe that germ theory is in dispute then youre not as smart as you think you are.

I never argue philosophy at least not with non-initiates.

That would be great if it were true. Ill assume you meant "non-initiates" ironically.

In advance of your eagerly awaited post, perhaps you could tell us what criteria you will employ for determining this issue?

The prosecution rests

Eriugena

PI Member
Its not because you seem "familiar", its because you shoehorn philosophy into every discussion. If a poster stated 2 plus two equals five, you would divert the conversation by pontificating on the duality of the number two.
No I wouldn't, I would probably dismiss him as either an idiot or a very extreme contrarian.

As a matter of fact, the great majority of my posts do not involve any discussion of philosophy.
If you believe that germ theory is in dispute then youre not as smart as you think you are.
Evidently it is, but I take no position on it, I merely note it.
That would be great if it were true. Ill assume you meant "non-initiates" ironically.
Take it however you like. You will anyway.
The prosecution rests
What are you talking about?

When are you going to tell us abut these non-question begging criteria that you are going to employ to determine the issue?

HouseCarl

PI Member
FKA

@SaoMc2

·
25m

Stephen Donnelly said people working in meat plants are higher on the list for vaccination than the vulnerable, all so Larry Goodman can continue to make his profits.

Top Bottom