Conor McGregor gets six month driving ban for speeding

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
Ha!

The eejit was in court previously for speeding too and the only way that happens is if you're driving way over, like 100mph in a 50 zone or summat.

Those cars he drives would hit a ton in about 6 seconds!
I have had a six month ban- there are people who are afraid to get in the car with me. Facepalm

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
You can be banned for three minor speed infractions in three years. That could be your job, mortgage and family down the toilet.

That's jackboot stuff.
Yeah the speed limits here are in general hyper-authoritarian but one of the times I got in trouble I was actually driving recklessly. Another time there was no one on the road and it was a motorway and so I decided to use the car as it was designed to be used. Generally women are much more cautious drivers than men but my mum in law and I are the expections that prove the rule.

Ted

PI Member
Threads
Yeah the speed limits here are in general hyper-authoritarian but one of the times I got in trouble I was actually driving recklessly. Another time there was no one on the road and it was a motorway and so I decided to use the car as it was designed to be used. Generally women are much more cautious drivers than men but my mum in law and I are the expections that prove the rule.
I haven't noticed a rush by the RSA to have the signs enlarged despite a judge saying they're too small.
Judge Keys said: "The signs that distinguish one area from the other are quite small and not the easiest to observe. "
Davy Fitzgerald wins speeding battle as judge says sign too small - Independent.ie

I know of a notorious stretch of road where drivers are regularly nabbed for driving over 80 because they think it's a 100 zone. It's over three miles to the nearest sign. Gosafe know when they've discovered a good thing. Even the bishop was done. picom5

Ted

PI Member
Threads
When I was around 18 I got caught driving on a dual carriageway with no tax, no insurance and a broken tail light. I was told to go down to my local Garda Station the next day. I went down, chatted to the Garda about hurling for about an hour, and got let off with a warning. Can you imagine that happening in any other country!
We're funny about things like insurance.

I was insured through a well known broker. I missed a monthly payment and was issued with an aggressive letter threatening to report me to the "relevant authorities" if I didn't make good, and pronto.

"So what?" I hear you say.

It was home insurance.

Top Bottom