Congrats Katie Taylor 'Undisputed Champion of the World' - Devout Christian, hated by media and one of the best fighter role-models for Irish Youth

I disagree with your point about GAA. There are women's teams in all counties and at all age groups, there has been women's leagues and champ'ships for decades, it has not had same profile as men. So the amount of women supporting these teams AND the men's teams is higher, as most men do not support the women. Now these women's teams are all sponsored and get advertising, thus it pays its own way.
Not only that but more women support and pay to see men's games, then men do women's games, thus more women pay more money into the GAA per capita, thus subsidising the men's game on a per capita basis.

If we take tennis, I don't think women's tennis is being subsidised by men's?
Again there is massive money in both, and the advertising pays for it.
This would be the case for a lot of women's sports.

I would think rugby might be one case where the Rugby Ireland would be subsidised by men's but that would want to be looked up, to see if that is indeed the case.

Driving:
To expound on this. The facts of women's insurance being less than men's for years is precisely to do with as you state the difference between the sexes. There is only one reason insurance is higher, men were involved in more accidents and greater accidents, they posed a greater risk and likelihood of accident - and this is indeed due to difference between the sexes - this is the price of greater testosterone, it's disadvantage is the tendency of higher-risk behaviour and willy-waving. The consequences and price, the historical actuarial stats are relfected in the insurance premium's. But we can also see this personally ourselves on the road, time after time, consistantly, whether in a car or cycling a bike, men are the most dangerous and quite frankly worst drivers out there, the Irish male in particular out of all Europeans, is incapable of driving properly, though still better than E.Europeans and 3rd worlders.
There is also the fact that boyracers are males, and have accounted for a vast sum of deaths on Irish roads. But if we stick to accidents in general, the vast majority of serious accidents are crashes leading to deaths and are not caused by males - indeed men and women are different, and why should it be men that not only have crashes but are overwhelmingly the cause of the kind of crashes that lead to serious deaths and maiming, this is not merely due to higher rate of time on road, though that higher rate is also disputable, given the amount of time women must use the car for work, school runs and shopping. It is also disuputable because lorries and buses are also a minute tiny fraction, that is negligable for cause of road accidents compared to cars, so this does not account when considering a per capita basis as you put forward.

The reason they are in higher serious incidents is due to male hormone testosterone, this is indeed what marks out one of the main differences of the sexes and while necessary and good in some contexts, it also has disadvantages, leading to more risky behaviours.....and this directly relates detrimentally to driving (it would be an advantage in formula one driving where heightened aggression (up to a point, which is why Whites seem to have just the perfect amount for formula One and jet fighters) and assertiveness are beneficial and where I think men have the edge over women in those driving contexts. (It is also what marks out one of the differences between Blacks and Whites and why Africans are more aggressive and perhaps even less skillful at driving, remember, the assertiveness for formula One goes up with more testosterone, but only to a certain point, beyond which it them seems to become an impediment to the balance of risk vs clear thinking in skilled high speed vehicles, including aircraft)

Women are far better casual drivers and bus drivers, as they are far more careful and considerate. I noticed this whenever I am up in Dubtown on Dublin bus, the males are all full of ego and trying to prove something or rushing to get home, or pass some cyclist or car out, while the women are cooler and calmer. The result is, old people are flung around the bus when a male is driving, and have a smooth ride when a female is driving. Women are far better drivers and now are subsidising the carnage on the roads. Which is a travesty.
Where do you think the money comes from in the first place to build these stadiums and fields that these games are played in ?, from the men that support these sports. If you think that there are more women at gaa games both mens and womens, you really dont go to many gaa games.

Most women do not support the women, obviously if they did they would be at the same level as the men in funding and prize money, this isnt a chicken and the egg scenario, women prefer fashion and spending money on handbags as a hobby, not on sports. The money came from the men first, the womens games followed.
And more women watch the mens games not just to involve themselves with men but also men are better at playing the games, most womens sports are unwatchable, as the skill levels are on a completely different level, why watch second best, women are not the same as men.

Tennis, funny you pick this on, is a sport where women can play to a level where it is enjoyable to watch for both men and women, as the mens can be far too powerful in there serve and so you get longer rallys in the womens, or at least more of them, not forgetting the skirts, so lots of men tune into the womens sports, i watch it around other women. And because its the kind of sport that women can play well versus the vast majority of them, obviously they cannot compete one on one with men, thats why the tennis is not unisex, but men can watch it as well.
It also has fewer top players, the issue of late being some players with a lot of steroid use, which makes marketing of these players easier and people are more likely to recognise them the male players. Its incredibly top heavy regards the money, not just they have fewer players.

Now lets list off all sports and where the stadiums and pitchs they play those sports in as example and where the money came from to put those in place ?
How many sports jerseys do you think women own on average versus the men ?
Where do you think the money comes from in the first place to get the organisations going that can turn around and fund the womens sports ?
Do you think that womens boxing is not sponsored by the mens, which is the topic of this thread, the boxing match in question was not the main event ?
Do you think that fight would have gotten the numbers it did if its wasnt part of the card of the mens heavy weight boxing match ?

Driving,
Can you back any of that up ?
Men get more DUIs, traffic violations and are deemed responsible for a greater portion of car accidents.
But they also drive more miles than women—a lot more. Although a recent study indicates there are over one million more licensed female drivers than licensed male drivers, men drive about 40 percent more miles per year.
Some subject experts hypothesize that men – particular men under 25 – get in more accidents because they’re more prone to aggressive behavior and risk taking.
But let’s look at the numbers:
So men account for roughly 1.73^12 miles driven per year, while women drive a combined total of 1.07^12 miles per year.
That means men drive about 30 percent more miles than women. Yet, they’re implicated in slightly less than 30 percent of car accidents. Men do cause more accidents, but they are actually less at-risk than women, by a small margin.
You talk on testosterone, sure its also the thing that makes men far better at driving in the first place.
Man have better reflexes and better spacial awareness then women.
Young men as you talk on, have to sibsidise their own riskier behavior, their insurance is far higher then a women of the same age, do you think the insurance companies arent covering themselves ?

The Effect of Gender on Car Insurance Rates

Car insurance companies take a look at many factors to determine how much risk they'll face when insuring you (meaning how likely they are to pay out a claim on your behalf). These include:
  • Your car's make, model, and year
  • Your driving record.
  • Your credit history
  • Your age.
In addition to the above, a major factor that gets weighed when an auto insurance carrier determines your rates is your gender. This is given particular attention when you are a very young driver (see “How Age Influences Car Insurance Rates" below).

The Pricing Gap
Starting from the time they begin driving, women generally pay less than men do for car insurance. This pricing gap is influenced by:
  • The types of cars typically chosen by men.
  • The frequency of accidents among women versus men.
  • Gender-based statistics on risky driving behavior
  • The average number of miles driven by women vs. men.
Why Women Pay Less for Car Insurance
Auto insurance companies calculate their risk when they determine your premium.
Calculating risk means using historical data to make an educated estimate of the likelihood of a covered person being in an accident.
The statistics tend to show that as a group, women are less likely to:
  • Get into a car accident.
  • Commit moving violations, like speeding and driving under the influence (DUI)
  • Buy cars that are more costly to insure.
  • Drive as many miles as the average male driver.
How are women subsidising men if they pay less money for insurance then men ?

There is an issue regards men driving, as i have stated, and this is that men do jobs that women dont want to in general and vice versa, and some of these jobs involve driving trucks, buses etc.. as i have talked on that means when something does go wrong, it can be much worse then average due to the nature of the vehicle.

Reactions: Jim
I disagree with your point about GAA. There are women's teams in all counties and at all age groups, there has been women's leagues and champ'ships for decades, it has not had same profile as men. So the amount of women supporting these teams AND the men's teams is higher, as most men do not support the women. Now these women's teams are all sponsored and get advertising, thus it pays its own way.
Not only that but more women support and pay to see men's games, then men do women's games, thus more women pay more money into the GAA per capita, thus subsidising the men's game on a per capita basis.

If we take tennis, I don't think women's tennis is being subsidised by men's?
Again there is massive money in both, and the advertising pays for it.
This would be the case for a lot of women's sports.

I would think rugby might be one case where the Rugby Ireland would be subsidised by men's but that would want to be looked up, to see if that is indeed the case.

Driving:
To expound on this. The facts of women's insurance being less than men's for years is precisely to do with as you state the difference between the sexes. There is only one reason insurance is higher, men were involved in more accidents and greater accidents, they posed a greater risk and likelihood of accident - and this is indeed due to difference between the sexes - this is the price of greater testosterone, it's disadvantage is the tendency of higher-risk behaviour and willy-waving. The consequences and price, the historical actuarial stats are relfected in the insurance premium's. But we can also see this personally ourselves on the road, time after time, consistantly, whether in a car or cycling a bike, men are the most dangerous and quite frankly worst drivers out there, the Irish male in particular out of all Europeans, is incapable of driving properly, though still better than E.Europeans and 3rd worlders.
There is also the fact that boyracers are males, and have accounted for a vast sum of deaths on Irish roads. But if we stick to accidents in general, the vast majority of serious accidents are crashes leading to deaths and are not caused by males - indeed men and women are different, and why should it be men that not only have crashes but are overwhelmingly the cause of the kind of crashes that lead to serious deaths and maiming, this is not merely due to higher rate of time on road, though that higher rate is also disputable, given the amount of time women must use the car for work, school runs and shopping. It is also disuputable because lorries and buses are also a minute tiny fraction, that is negligable for cause of road accidents compared to cars, so this does not account when considering a per capita basis as you put forward.

The reason they are in higher serious incidents is due to male hormone testosterone, this is indeed what marks out one of the main differences of the sexes and while necessary and good in some contexts, it also has disadvantages, leading to more risky behaviours.....and this directly relates detrimentally to driving (it would be an advantage in formula one driving where heightened aggression (up to a point, which is why Whites seem to have just the perfect amount for formula One and jet fighters) and assertiveness are beneficial and where I think men have the edge over women in those driving contexts. (It is also what marks out one of the differences between Blacks and Whites and why Africans are more aggressive and perhaps even less skillful at driving, remember, the assertiveness for formula One goes up with more testosterone, but only to a certain point, beyond which it them seems to become an impediment to the balance of risk vs clear thinking in skilled high speed vehicles, including aircraft)

Women are far better casual drivers and bus drivers, as they are far more careful and considerate. I noticed this whenever I am up in Dubtown on Dublin bus, the males are all full of ego and trying to prove something or rushing to get home, or pass some cyclist or car out, while the women are cooler and calmer. The result is, old people are flung around the bus when a male is driving, and have a smooth ride when a female is driving. Women are far better drivers and now are subsidising the carnage on the roads. Which is a travesty.
Sorry, i should pull back here, as im being very belligerent, you make good points, and men and women both subsidise each other across the board, its normal and part and parcel of the whole thing we got going here. I need to not force the point and im not saying im right on these things, neither am i saying men or women are worse at driving, it tends to average out was my last point, except as you state, and i am noticing this more myself regards bus drivers, but i just assumed that was due to foreign bus drivers versus the irish male drivers of late, ill need to look into stats regards irish males and say the rest of europe sometime.

Reactions: Jim

Atlantean Irish

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
1. Where do you think the money comes from in the first place to build these stadiums and fields that these games are played in ?, from the men that support these sports. 2. If you think that there are more women at gaa games both mens and womens, you really dont go to many gaa games.

3. Most women do not support the women, 4. obviously if they did they would be at the same level as the men in funding and prize money, this isnt a chicken and the egg scenario, women prefer fashion and spending money on handbags as a hobby, not on sports. 5.The money came from the men first, the womens games followed.
6. And more women watch the mens games not just to involve themselves with men 7. but also men are better at playing the games, most womens sports are unwatchable, as the skill levels are on a completely different level, why watch second best, women are not the same as men.

Tennis, funny you pick this on, is a sport where women can play to a level where it is enjoyable to watch for both men and women, as the mens can be far too powerful in there serve and so you get longer rallys in the womens, or at least more of them, not forgetting the skirts, so lots of men tune into the womens sports, i watch it around other women. And because its the kind of sport that women can play well versus the vast majority of them, obviously they cannot compete one on one with men, thats why the tennis is not unisex, but men can watch it as well.
It also has fewer top players, the issue of late being some players with a lot of steroid use, which makes marketing of these players easier and people are more likely to recognise them the male players. Its incredibly top heavy regards the money, not just they have fewer players.

8. Now lets list off all sports and where the stadiums and pitchs they play those sports in as example and where the money came from to put those in place ?
9. How many sports jerseys do you think women own on average versus the men ?
Where do you think the money comes from in the first place to get the organisations going that can turn around and fund the womens sports ?
10. Do you think that womens boxing is not sponsored by the mens, which is the topic of this thread, the boxing match in question was not the main event ?
Do you think that fight would have gotten the numbers it did if its wasnt part of the card of the mens heavy weight boxing match ?

Driving,
11. Can you back any of that up ?

You talk on testosterone, sure its also the thing that makes men far better at driving in the first place.
Man have better reflexes and better spacial awareness then women.
Young men as you talk on, have to sibsidise their own riskier behavior, their insurance is far higher then a women of the same age, do you think the insurance companies arent covering themselves ?

How are women subsidising men if they pay less money for insurance then men ?

There is an issue regards men driving, as i have stated, and this is that men do jobs that women dont want to in general and vice versa, and some of these jobs involve driving trucks, buses etc.. as i have talked on that means when something does go wrong, it can be much worse then average due to the nature of the vehicle.
1. This was answered twice. I explained how women not only go to men's games they are the main audience at women's games. Men hardly go to watch women's games, they are a tiny minority, thus women not only go to see men's games but also they are the main audience in the women's games. Hence more women are watching more games when both men's and women's games are taken together. Women pay more fees therefore when taken for both.
Also money comes in the form of sponsors and advertising, and because women watch, attend and support the men's game AS WELL as are the majority supporters and watchers in the female game, advertisers are aware of this demographic and will sell their airtime to target not only males when the male game is being played, but also majoritively women when the female game is being played, thus ad revenue is majoritvely driven by women, thus as stated it can be argued the GAA male game could very well be subsidised by women's support and advertiser revenue aimed at women.
Money also comes in from corporations, hence the atrocious naming of Landsdowne as the AVIVA stadium, an insurance firm no less, paying money of which women subsidise men's poor driving, by having to pay the same as men, while being better drivers.

2. Again this has been explained in detail. Part of no.1 also explains it.

3. I said that women's GAA is supported mostly by women not men. I did not say that most women in the nation support women's sport.
Men and a large portion of Irish women watch the men's GAA, not all men watch or like GAA. While it is mostly women not men, who watch and support the women's GAA, therefore women, make up just as much if not a greater amount of support when both are taken into account together.
And the considerations of advertising industry which are very careful to note and place adverts targeting women and men in both mens sports, while only targeting women in women's GAA, thus more advertising revenue is due to women. As well as sponsors, but this was my point before.

4. We are firstly speaking about GAA, men are playing as amateurs, their funding and prize money is not massive if at all, except funds for training and petrol etc. The women per capita is the same. And as stated they pay their own way, as much per capita as the men, and with sponsorship and advertising, they are targeted doubly, thus there is the argument they pull in far more advertising revenue in being a targeted demographic.

5. We were speaking about the situation today. But if you are stating about where the money came from first, and saying men, rather than money from men's game was given to women. Then perhaps you should consider how men were able to earn that money. They earn that money and are able to put in the training because most have a support network at home, the time and energy put in by women that allow men to eat, sleep and not spend time on putting energy into cooking food and administering to washing and cleaning to maintain health and hygiene, is energy and work, in other words, directly transferrable as money. And that in the beginning is also a factor of where such money came from, it came from women just as much as from men.

6. I stated that women watch men's games, and women watch women's games more than men. The women who watch men's games are not just men's partners or girlfriends, some are single, but the majority are wives, partners, girlfriends, sisters, daughters, aunts, nieces, family, so a larger segment of women can be watching for that reason.

7. What games are men better at playing?
I am sure there are some games where men are better and where women are better.
But if we are to compare, and as you stated on a per capita basis, which in this context in some meaningful way, means to be able to have a reasonable comparative empirical measurement. Then for example, we could say women play better at tennis, as men simply ace pts until the game is over, with hardly any back and forth skillful interesting play, whereas women actually play the game more skillfully with back and forth, outmanoeuvring, outflanking and out-hitting shots, which in fact is more enjoyable to watch. The same goes for any old games one can see on youtube, when men used to play the ball instead of aces, it is more interesting, and so I would contend those old players from long ago, were better players than today's more powerful players.
Does this comparative criteria apply to all sports?
It might be applicable to some sports, and less so or not at all to others.
Camogie is certainly entertaining to watch, women's football for the skill of kicking with accuracy and strategic thinking in how they move the ball is certainly capable of being compared to the men's game but for different reasons, and is certainly capable of bettering the men in those different reasons, as it does not depend just on physical power.
If we were to talk about a potential negative aspect of men's game of just shooting the ball up the field hoping a tall forward can catch and score or passing the ball in wolf-packs, could in fact be argued to be a less better play and fielding of a game, than a more subtle yet highly skillful exercising of GAA ball-control skills and strategy and tactics put into operation into moving of the ball on the pitch and countering the opponents tactics strengths and weaknesses. Then certainly the female has this aspect of the game in spades and in fact men and women can learn much from each other and how they approach certain things. And our children are made superior and more ready and prepared for struggle, when they are exposed to the male and female aspects of the fight.
So indeed a women's game, is far more in the application of psychology and strategy while also using fine skill and can indeed be more entertaining to watch in that aspect. A male game can be more entertaining, if looking for the pure power and physical aspect. Both sexes are different, as you say, and both excel in different aspects of the game.

8. This has been answered in no.1

9. If you go to any quarter and semi-final and final, you can see as many women in their county jerseys as the men, go into bars and you see the same, many women of a county out in their county tops.
If you had said the shitehawk game of UK football, then men behaving like children, buy a top every year supporting British teams, populated by Africans, where the native British man and idiot Irishman worship and pay homage to the invading Black on their knees.
But we are talking about GAA, and the jersey situation is not the same and as many women when you go out about the towns and in pubs can be seen with their county tops, and let us say there are more men, but not by as such an amount to make a difference.
Again O'Neills make a profit, some of it goes back into the game. But most of those men who buy the jersey, have also benefitted from the currency of a woman's work for the family and home which supports him also. If he is paying a mortgage, her work has gone just as much to getting that mortgage and being able to pay for it, the same applies to that jersey. The support you get in food, cleaning, washing, organising the kids, translates directly in part of the pay packet. Just as a man, if he is sole breadwinner, her jersey is part of from him, its a team effort.

10. answered in no.s 1, 5, 9
Secondly most of the points being spoken about by yourself and to which I then replied, were in relation to the GAA.
If you read my second reply, I stated women's rugby might be a sport that is subsidised.
Female boxing may be subsidised, I didn't state it wasn't, do you know if it is?

11. I did back most, if not all of it up. You may not accept my previous back-ups, listed here, so I have included more below this list after the note on your sources.
i. it is fact women used to pay lower premiums. Lower premiums means less risk, that is what the insurance industry is based on
ii. it is fact that policy came in few yrs ago that due to the PC - the insurance industry took it as an opportunity to say men and women must now pay the same and that it is discrimination if women pay less - even though that is what their industry is based on, the quantifiable likelihood of risk.
iii. It is backed up by male and female difference, they have different hormones producing different emotional and temperamental responses
iv. it is backed up by my own repeated observations, consistantly seeing bad and reckless driving from males compared to females. Males are more idiotic, more aggressive, do not apply the rules of the road properly and are far more dangerous and take far more risks than women and are accoutable for far more of the lethal serious accidents of the road as well as being the perpetrators of road rage, far more than women.
v. I have repeatedly observed and experienced bad, aggressive, accelerations and decelerations by male bus drivers in Dublin, the female drivers were an excellent pleasant surprise, far more professional and just plain smoother, I have seen about 10 elderly people thrown to the ground in about 5 years when up in Dublin, not one by a female driver. They are simply far more calmer and considerate, their stops and starts are far better. If it was the other way round, I would state so.

Your 1st Source:
Your source is the US, and it mentions young drivers vs elderly drivers.
I am not sure why you are showing me a comparison with young drivers and the elderly, which I did not mention.
However perhaps a more interesting comparison would be young drivers vs drivers in their late 20's, 30's and 40's and men vs women.
Whereas we were speaking about Ireland. And when I mentioned boy racers, who are most often very young drivers.

Your 2nd source:
You might want to check out the sources a bit more first though.
The American source you quoted, itself quoted this link saying how women are better drivers.
  • Men get in more accidents than women. According to a New York City traffic study, 80% of all auto accidents that kill or seriously injure pedestrians involve male drivers. According to a study by Quality Planning, an insurance statistics company, female drivers were also 27% less likely to be found at fault when involved in an accident. These statistics tend to hold true no matter where you look. According to the United States Department of Transportation and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, men were involved in 6.1 million accidents (40,000 were fatal) in 2007. By comparison, women were only involved in 4.4 million (14,000 were fatal).
  • Men get more traffic violations than women. In pretty much every category of traffic violations there are, men seem to dominate women (and that isn’t a good thing). Men are more likely than women to get cited for reckless driving (3.41 to 1 ratio), driving under the influence (3.09 to 1 ratio), seat belt violations (3.08 to 1 ratio), speeding (1.75 to 1 ratio), failure to yield (1.54 to 1 ratio), and stop signal violations (1.53 to 1 ratio).
  • Men get more DUIs than women. A DUI violation is one of those few “no-no’s” for your driving record. No matter what, you should avoid getting a DUI at all costs. It’s like a permanent stain on your transcript that takes years to wash away. Nevertheless, men still outnumber women by a long shot when it comes to DUIs. In keeping tune with the 3.08 to 1 ratio mentioned above, on 2007, 626,371 DUIs were issued to men in the United States. Women drivers were only issued 162,493.

Driving stats:
Road traffic offences are also more likely to be committed by men. Just look at the number of penalty points issued. In 2013, two-thirds of points were handed out to men.
A recent Garda report analysed the number of drink driving arrests over a 12-month period. It shows that 86pc of drink-driving offences were committed by men, 14pc by women.
Men also had a higher probability of being repeat offenders. Nearly one quarter of (23.1pc) misdemeanours committed by men were linked to repeat offences.
The relationship between risky driving behaviour and the likelihood of being involved in a collision has been closely linked to both age and gender.
Younger, and male, drivers are more prone to risky driving behaviour than both older, and women, drivers.
And it's not just in Ireland we see this pattern. A major EU study conducted in 2010 shows women drivers have a more positive attitude to traffic regulations and safety.
Women commit fewer traffic offences and are involved in fewer crashes than men.
On the basis of collision and road traffic offence statistics then, scales tip hugely in favour of women.

Women are often the brunt of stereotypical jokes when it comes to driving ability but new research which analysed a drivers habits over six months using a "smart driver" tool has shown that Irish females are actually better drivers than their male counterparts.
When it comes to accelerating, hard breaking and cornering female drivers triumph over the male drivers of Ireland, 69% of who partake in the dangerous act of over accelerating.
The study found that women who work in the science and engineering fields are the most conscious female drivers with 72% deemed to be safe drivers.
Male teachers are the most conscious Irish men on the road with 71% of these passing the study’s safe test.
The tool found that women are significantly less likely to brake harshly than men.
The data showed that:
- When it comes to over acceleration, men perform worse (69%) than women (62%)
- Dublin’s women were the least likely to brake harshly (62%) and just under half (44%) had never triggered an acceleration incident

“It is just over two years since SmartDriver was introduced and No Nonsense has identified some incredible trends and traits among Irish drivers,” said a company spokesperson yesterday.
“The data comes from almost 2,000 No Nonsense’s SmartDriver customers whose driving has been measured for three months using a clever littl

Male drivers rack up penalty points twice as often as women over a decade
In that time 1.59 million penalty point notices have been issued to male drivers here, 60% of the total issued, compared with 0.74 million (28%) issued to their female counterparts.

While the difference is stark, the chasm in the figures has actually closed considerably in recent years.

Last year the gap had narrowed noticeably, albeit the difference was still significant – 53% male, 31% female (105,000 notices versus 62,000).

Nor can they be dismissed as merely indicative of the split between male and female drivers on Irish roads – at present 53% of licenced drivers in Ireland are male, compared with 47% female (1.5 million versus 1.3 million people).

Last edited:

Atlantean Irish

PI Member
Sorry, i should pull back here, as im being very belligerent, you make good points, and men and women both subsidise each other across the board, its normal and part and parcel of the whole thing we got going here. I need to not force the point and im not saying im right on these things, neither am i saying men or women are worse at driving, it tends to average out was my last point, except as you state, and i am noticing this more myself regards bus drivers, but i just assumed that was due to foreign bus drivers versus the irish male drivers of late, ill need to look into stats regards irish males and say the rest of europe sometime.
I have no problem discussing, if the other person can discuss civilly and not take anything personally, so while the thread is about Katie. You can continue this for awhile longer if you wish and then perhaps one of us starts a new thread with this topic. But as long as the other person does not take things personally or has issue when another disagrees with their point, etc, then no problems and no offence taken or meant.

Last edited:

page61

PI Member
Down with the Americanisms. In Ireland and Europe we say rubbish not garbage.

As you can see, the post is about Katie Taylor (as such, one cannot talk about KT without mentioning Christianity, as she is a devout Christian and as such the mind, body and soul are one, not to be separated in word, deed or act) her win, her titles, her Christianity and the media's anti-Christian nature.
If you don't like that, then start a thread about Katie Taylor, you had few days to start it, not one mention of congratulations from anyone on here towards her. And now you have the temerity to complain about a thread, you did not bother your own arse to make to offer a great Irish woman the congratulations she deserves.

Have I got news for you.. Katie taylor is more than likely not a member of Political Irish ..Why would I congratulate her on this page ??? is that not a bit strange? . How do you know I was not out at the Airport.

You Catholic die hards try and turn everything into something to suit your agendas ... You are starting to sound like Yasmina in reverse

GodsDog

PI Member
Fair play to Katie taylor. We should all be very proud of her. (y)

Her hard work and resulting success is an inspiration to all young Irish women.

Pity that the only thread here purporting to celebrate her victory is not really about her or her achievements at all!! :(

Atlantean Irish

PI Member
Have I got news for you.. Katie taylor is more than likely not a member of Political Irish ..Why would I congratulate her on this page ??? is that not a bit strange? . How do you know I was not out at the Airport.

You Catholic die hards try and turn everything into something to suit your agendas ... You are starting to sound like Yasmina in reverse
This was your reply to this thread:
"Down with the christian garbage... is the post about katie taylor or what? ..why dont you introduce abortion into the post as well ? "

A thread about Katie Taylor and her recent win and boxing and the Irish media.
I have already told you what it was about.
Your reply was way over the top and hysterical.
You said down with Christian "garbage", the thread is about Katie and Christianity is extremely important to her, you were told the thread is about all that, so why should I not mention her, her Christianity, her win, and how the media hate her?
As stated if you want to write a thread about downing Christianity or a different thread about Katie not mentioning her Christianity, go and do it, nothing stopping you. Yet you could not even come on here and write anything mentioning her win and mention a congrats on here for all PI members to read, so you are least able to comment and complain, hypocrite.

When you google issues like Katie Taylor+congratulations and things about her, politicalIrish has a chance of coming up in the search, so that many readers not familiar with PI including Katie Taylor could see it. Whether you were at the airport or not has nothing to do with the reply to your angry petty whining about this thread, about the smallest ridiculous thing, that is of absolute relevance to Katie Taylor and when mentioning her, her Christianity which is part and parcel of who Katie Taylor is and about, her Christianity is extremely important to her. I will talk about Christianity all day long if I so choose, who are you to tell anyone they can't, especially when the boxer is a DEVOUT CHRISTIAN.

Yet you did not post a congratulations to Katie on this website at all, even for the benefit of PI readers. You are making childish tantrum about this thread, I have the right to defend it, if you do not like it, go and make your own thread, Katie Taylor is a staunch Christian and not mentioning it and how she is regarded by the media, the enemy of nationalism promoting mass-immigration is of absolute relevance.
So, were you at the airport?

Ire-land

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
She's unfortunately difficult to listen to, so it's hard to make her a poster woman for too much- I think they've tried?

But it's as clear as day that RTE, and the rest of the scum media here, avoid her like the plague, just in case she mentions their satan, Jesus Christ.

I wouldn't mind but she's perfect for the regime from an immigrant perspective- isn't her father English?

For the record, though, I can't stomach women's boxing, or any women's fighting to be honest- I know, I'm an awful misogynist, but I hate to see women being beaten up and it being glorified.

Atlantean Irish

PI Member
Fair play to Katie taylor. We should all be very proud of her. (y)

Her hard work and resulting success is an inspiration to all young Irish women.

Pity that the only thread here purporting to celebrate her victory is not really about her or her achievements at all!! :(
Yes it is.
And it is an important comment on how the media have shamefully treated her and sidelined her.

Pity your comment is actually not about congratulating her at all, but actually doing what you accuse the thread of doing, not celebrating her victory, her or her achievement.
Had that been your motive, you would at the very least have made a comment on any of the threads on hearing of her win, nevermind like myself making a full thread about her and her undisputed title.
The obvious point is how having had all these successes, she has been sidelined and the answer why, is given.
The enemy media's hate of her devout Christianity.

GodsDog

PI Member
She's unfortunately difficult to listen to, so it's hard to make her a poster woman for too much- I think they've tried?

But it's as clear as day that RTE, and the rest of the scum media here, avoid her like the plague, just in case she mentions their satan, Jesus Christ.

I wouldn't mind but she's perfect for the regime from an immigrant perspective- isn't her father English?

For the record, though, I can't stomach women's boxing, or any women's fighting to be honest- I know, I'm an awful misogynist, but I hate to see women being beaten up and it being glorified.
That's not misogyny is it? Surely Misogyny would be relishing the site of women being punched!!
Confusing times certainly!

Next it will be misogynist to reject the idea of women getting blown to bits and torn to shreds
on the front lines of modern conflicts! Oh....wait...

Top Bottom