Cllr Seamus Treanor announces re-election bid

valamhic

PI Member
He should join Gemma
I'm afraid Gemma is not playing ball. She is not contactable by phone, a common trait with now politicians. I can fly to Rome to meet the Pope any Wednesday, I can get a brief call to the Taoist, to any government minister or TD, but Gemma does not have the time. She said running for election is cheap, I'm afraid its not cheap at all

Conall Gulban

PI Member
I'm afraid Gemma is not playing ball. She is not contactable by phone, a common trait with now politicians. I can fly to Rome to meet the Pope any Wednesday, I can get a brief call to the Taoist, to any government minister or TD, but Gemma does not have the time. She said running for election is cheap, I'm afraid its not cheap at all
In fairness Gemma said she gets hundreds of emails a week and can't respond to them all. If there are any of her meetings taking place near you should try and go Or maybe sign up on her anti corruption website

valamhic

PI Member
In fairness Gemma said she gets hundreds of emails a week and can't respond to them all. If there are any of her meetings taking place near you should try and go Or maybe sign up on her anti corruption website
I went last Monday, I intended to introduce myself as some one with a good legal knowledge and a plenty of contacts to check out some of her campaign issues. I met a few others and we agreed the reception was frosty, she is dictatorial. A man there announced that Ireland was an admiralty law jurisdiction, which is false. I tried to correct him and got nowhere. I can't understand why her campaign has not moved on to elections instead of preaching to the converted. She appears to be following Joe Duffy's model. She announced that running for election was cheap, nonsense. I told her that she needs to be ready for interview if she goes political, she said she would ignore the media.

Before leaving, I approached her and she was engrossed in a conversation with a 25 year old youth. The likes of him is no good. Seniors have the mileage up and know the ropes. She is niave, she might get elected as TD in Dublin, but she will not have any others with her. Her banner would be a good one, but she is not making it available.

valamhic

PI Member
In my opinion there are 320,000 votes for Peter Casey to he harvested in a general election. In Cavan Monaghan alone he got 18% of the vote. That would leave a candidate fighting it out for the last seat. In with a chance. There is unfortunately no potential party to harvest that vote. The main reason is the potential leaders and those close to them will not answer their phones. That is pure laziness. I have a minister and a few TD in my constituency and they are available by appointment for discussions. But the potential leaders of Irish populism don't have time. They will have time when they loose, that is how the established parties win.

Conall Gulban

PI Member
I went last Monday, I intended to introduce myself as some one with a good legal knowledge and a plenty of contacts to check out some of her campaign issues. I met a few others and we agreed the reception was frosty, she is dictatorial. A man there announced that Ireland was an admiralty law jurisdiction, which is false. I tried to correct him and got nowhere. I can't understand why her campaign has not moved on to elections instead of preaching to the converted. She appears to be following Joe Duffy's model. She announced that running for election was cheap, nonsense. I told her that she needs to be ready for interview if she goes political, she said she would ignore the media.

Before leaving, I approached her and she was engrossed in a conversation with a 25 year old youth. The likes of him is no good. Seniors have the mileage up and know the ropes. She is niave, she might get elected as TD in Dublin, but she will not have any others with her. Her banner would be a good one, but she is not making it available.
Okay fair enough, I shouldve asked first if you had attended her meeting.
I would be very surprised if Gemma herself got elected. She will be hammered by the media and most people will suck up the media line.
My hope is that she inspires others to put themselves forward and get elected.

GodsDog

PI Member

Oh I dunno. I think Gemma exhibits rather good instincts on occasion!! ;)

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
You can ring government ministers? Put Harris on for me there will ya. I've a bone to pick with him.

valamhic

PI Member
Okay fair enough, I shouldve asked first if you had attended her meeting.
I would be very surprised if Gemma herself got elected. She will be hammered by the media and most people will suck up the media line.
My hope is that she inspires others to put themselves forward and get elected.
That is exactly what I told her. She said she would register a political party which I approve of. She thinks she can avoid the media, baloney. There is so much real good knowledge available to her for so many well wishers and she is determined to ignore it. She is hearing one side of the stories she campaigns on, but refused to hear the other side. There are facts on some of these cases she should know and she won't hear from a 25 North Dublin youth. I was very disappointed, but there is no hope there.

valamhic

PI Member
You can ring government ministers? Put Harris on for me there will ya. I've a bone to pick with him.
I can contact any politician and have done so. Its on condition that you bring them facts and a written text. Meeting them is not a problem. They do nothing about it, but the point I make is that Gemma Doherty and Herman Kelly have no excuse for not been contactable. And that is what they are. They are out of touch permanently

valamhic

PI Member
Oh I dunno. I think Gemma exhibits rather good instincts on occasion!! ;)
She has a lot of great points, but she is only a version of Joe Duffy. She has no idea of strategy foe winning elections. Telling followers to run and see how they do is a cop out.

valamhic

PI Member
Anyone running for political office needs to educate themselves and get to understand the issues and how to handle media questions.

The best way is know your subject. Say an economics professor offered to give her a crash course on the economic outlook. She would reject it and turn to some taxi driver instead. I could not believe what I saw and its very sad.

Top Bottom