• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Cllr Conway to leave FG?

ergo2

PI Member
A Cllr Conway from Clare has announced that he may leave FG as he has been denied a GE nomination.

I see he appeared a number of times on VB show and seemed to be able to hold his own with Vinnie.    Some FG have appeared on it now, but he was one of the first

Madam

PI Member
ergo2 said:
A Cllr Conway from Clare has announced that he may leave FG as he has been denied a GE nomination.

I see he appeared a number of times on VB show and seemed to be able to hold his own with Vinnie.    Some FG have appeared on it now, but he was one of the first
Why did he get denied the nomination, was this because of the female Quota ?

Will he be running as a independent?

RockingRock

PI Member
ergo2 said:

4 months ago he wasn't planning to seek nomination.

http://www.clarepeople.com/2015/09/02/ge-2016-councillor-joe-cooney-wont-seek-fine-gael-nomination/

OP
E

ergo2

PI Member
Madam said:
Why did he get denied the nomination, was this because of the female Quota ?

Will he be running as a independent?
FG say they had to nominate a woman to comply with the quota requirements.

Flamer

PI Member
No doubt he will still run as a independent and if he wins he will return to FG.

OP
E

ergo2

PI Member
Flamer said:
No doubt he will still run as a independent and if he wins he will return to FG.
Perhaps, but in some areas the operation of this quota is causing more problems that it is worth.

When it goes to 40% the brown stuff will really hit the fan

Top Bottom