Classic Rock Concerts \ Performances

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
Stevie Nicks being amazing with Fleetwood Mac.. Rhinannon.

D

Deleted member 863

Non Registered Member
Nine Inch Nails: 'Tension' (live tour - Oct/Nov 2013)

Mega-line-up featuring Pino Palladino on bass and Ilan Rubin on drums. Two polar opposite members of the one rhythm section killing it from start to finish. Trent Reznor's finally in full capacity and self-control on this tour. Doesn't hit on or beat up any of the band members while performing - for a change, and manages to keep his emotions under control. Though I must admit, I prefer it when he loses it completely and destroys all the instruments, the players playing them, and finally himself.

Robin Fink, the guitarist - really lets go on this tour; what a player, such an original.

In fact it's hard to compare shows like these to anything you've seen or heard before.

Tension: a perfect summation of their performance.

D

Deleted member 863

Non Registered Member
As a tight little reference to that last performance by NIN featuring those two very awesome ladies on backing vocals doing some very unusual vocal arrangements - here's the star of the show: Lisa Fischer, doing her thing at an earlier gig in her career with a band you might have heard of and giving Mick a free vocal lesson and the band a lesson in killing it.

Live.

And stealing the entire audience before eating them raw.

Worst thing is, this is an edited version, she gave a hell of a lot more on her second time out front, but it's been cut.

Mick and his ego; poor bastard even has to take his pink shirt off and show his ribs off to top it.

Lisa still won though.

Monster moment in music all the same; definitely one for the ladies of the board.

The Rolling Stones: 'Gimme Shelter' (official live edit)

*...Mick's a plonker sometimes...

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
PI Member
This song was immortalized by the first iteration of the Jeff Beck Group (with Rod Stewart) on the Truth album, but this version with Bobby Tench (whose voice is much warmer and more melodic than the gravelly vocals of Stewart) really cuts through. Cozy Powell, whose drumming style is similar to John Bonham's but restrained, complements the tune as only he can:

Last edited:

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
PI Member
Brilliant! Big gap in my 70s classic/physc blues knowledge there. Checking out Robin Trower Band on youtube now - awesome stuff. Great singer
I've had tickets for two of his shows and I missed both of them! I'll rue the day I didn't go, because the venues were intimate and Trower ain't getting any younger.

Last edited:
Top Bottom