• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Ireland Christmas 2019 - Gift suggestions for Buy Irish, Buy Local, Buy Christian

Vote 4 Change

PI Member
Not too long till Christmas. Can’t wait.
Let’s buy Irish and buy local when we can.
I’ve added Buy Christian since it is Christmas after all.
For those of us that will be gifting this Christmas, Have ye any suggestions to support Irish manufacturers who support Irish jobs and Christian values?

Last edited:

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
A slaughtered whole lamb from Irish home producers. A great gift. For me anyway

OP
Vote 4 Change

Vote 4 Change

PI Member
I'm sorry. I don't buy this.
I make no effort to Buy Irish.
Why should I?
The Irish employers make no effort to Hire Irish.
Buy an Irish article, made and sold by Paks and Poles?
Nope.
I think you’re missing the point of the thread TW. It thanks for the chance to explain .The point is to identify Local Irish gift producers who have a Christian ethos.

Last edited:

Milominderbender

PI Member
I usually buy a lot of books by Irish authors. Books on Irish legends and fairy tales are great gifts for younger family members. Beyond that I do my best to give my custom to small businesses. Excellent thread by the way. Collectively we have massive power to support our culture ,heritage and create an economy that supports our people through our wallets.

sighthound

PI Member
Why dont you all buy nothing except a bit of food for the 25th and sod off to all the producers of anything. We all have far too much of everything - tell your family you are giving your present money to yourself i.e saving in case there is no pension money when you retire at the new pension age of 90 years due to the huge population now in ireland.

OP
Vote 4 Change

Vote 4 Change

PI Member
Why dont you all buy nothing except a bit of food for the 25th and sod off to all the producers of anything. We all have far too much of everything - tell your family you are giving your present money to yourself i.e saving in case there is no pension money when you retire at the new pension age of 90 years due to the huge population now in ireland.
Let’s keep the thread positive! there are too many bad news threads, let’s make this a Good News Thread.

To be fair, money may be the best thing to give if your talking about a gift that requires money. There are a lot of gifts that don't require money, one is your time alone, the ultimate gift regards it being a limited resource of you, ye can also try make something with your own two hands as a gift. Either way we should do our best to remove ourselves from the consumerist aspect that has been enforced on Christmas where we can and reflect more on family and friends and the occasion. How about wash the dishes after, or set the table at the Christmas dinner, or even help cook the dinner :).

Top Bottom