Christianity, Doctrine and Salvation Discussions

patrick jane

Donator
PI Member

Grace Ambassadors Bible Fellowship, Swayzee
A Pioneering Grace Church in Central Indiana

• Who: Grace Ambassadors Bible Fellowship
  • Meetings: Sunday 10:00am; Tuesday 7:00pm | What to expect …
  • Address: 6281 S 900 W Swayzee, IN 46986

This thread will be about scriptures, doctrines, our salvation and anything related to Christianity. Other fake religions are welcome to post here so that they will exposed for the doctrines of devils that they are. I think a good opening post is about "Putting on Christ" and how Christians are a new creation in Christ Jesus. Years ago before I got back in the word I would hear this said: "a new man/woman in Christ" and I didn't know what it meant. It sounded good but hard to do. Believing is all that's needed.

Edit : I won't pretend to "know" everything but enough that I can share the glorious gospel of Christ Jesus with anyone that's interested. I learn everyday from every kind of person. I expect dissension and animosity because NO hardcore unbeliever wants to hear the truth. It goes against our very nature as sinners. We can't stop sinning but we can be aware of the traps in this world designed to dumb us down like sheep. We are the sheep of the Lord and He is our Shepherd.

Who is the New Man - 2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV - Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

The new man is not you cleaned up. It is not you getting serious about living right. It is not self-improvement, or turning over a new leaf. The new man is not a personal makeover, or a renewed commitment to be a better man.

Simply put, the new man is not you. The new man is Jesus Christ.

You can learn about the old man and the new man in Romans 5 and 1 Corinthians 15.

“The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.” – 1 Corinthians 15:45
“For as by one man’s [Adam] disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one [Jesus Christ] shall many be made righteous.” – Romans 5:19
The new man is not identified by acting and appearing a certain way. The new man is about your new identity as a member of the body of Christ. It is identified by Christ in you. I'm having problems with editing posts, spelling errors etc. - sorry

When you trust the gospel of Christ, you are who Christ says you are. You are no longer in Adam, but in Christ. You are no longer a sinner, but sanctified. You are no longer a Jew or Gentile, but an ambassador for Christ.

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” – 2 Corinthians 5:17
Putting Him On

A shower and a shave will not fix the old man. The old man needs to die. The only way to do this and live is to put on Christ.

You need the cross of Christ to crucify your old man, and the resurrection of Christ to regenerate you to righteousness, life, and peace.

“For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.” – Galatians 3:28
“Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?” – Romans 6:3
This is what happens when you trust the gospel of the grace of God (Eph 1:13; Rom 5:1). You don’t put on a new set of religious clothes and behaviors; you put on the new man, Jesus Christ, and the new identity of who you are in Him.

The old man is dead (Rom 6:6). He cannot be cleaned up. He cannot be reformed. He cannot be a better man. Any effort to that end would be putting perfume on a pig. You need Christ crucified and risen to put on the new man.

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” – Galatians 2:20
The new man is not a new you or a new look, but Christ in you (Col 1:27). When your life is no longer yours, but his, you have put on the new man.

The Gospel of our Salvation: 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV -

Last edited:

patrick jane

Donator
PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Things that differ:
Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Heraclitus

PI Member
This thread will be about scriptures, doctrines, our salvation and anything related to Christianity. Other fake religions are welcome to post here so that they will exposed for the doctrines of devils that they are. I think a good opening post is about "Putting on Christ" and how Christians are a new creation in Christ Jesus. Years ago before I got back in the word I wouldhearthat said: "a new man/woman in Christ and I didn't know what it meant. It sounded good but hard to do. Believing is all that's needed.

All religions are false.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
I once worked with a woman who claimed to be a 'Wiccan'.
But other than her and a few people I've encountered online, no.
Mercurial claimed that he used to be a Wiccan but he didn't seem to actually know much about it, such as the fact that the founder of Wicca Gerald Gardener really had it in for homosexuals or that a lot of Wiccans are "White Nationalists". In my first year in England I had a boyfriend who was Asatru/Odinist; I thought I could persuade him out of it (always a foolish idea).

Heraclitus

PI Member
Mercurial claimed that he used to be a Wiccan but he didn't seem to actually know much about it, such as the fact that the founder of Wicca Gerald Gardener really had it in for homosexuals or that a lot of Wiccans are "White Nationalists". In my first year in England I had a boyfriend who was Asatru/Odinist; I thought I could persuade him out of it (always a foolish idea).
They probably have very little, if anything, in common with these religions as they were originally practiced.
IMO, all these wacky ideologies are just an inevitable by-product of post modern nihilism.

The same goes for many of the conspiracy theories doing the rounds and science denialism.
In this context, the whole "flat earth" lunacy, to use one example, isn't really that surprising.

Whether it's the empty consumerism of the mainstream; gender and race denialism among some on the "left"; or flat earth and evolution denialism among some on the further fringes of the "right" -- they're all just desperate attempts to fill the existential vacuum of the post-Christian era.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
They probably have very little, if anything, in common with these religions as they were originally practiced.
IMO, all these wacky ideologies are just an inevitable by-product of post modern nihilism.

The same goes for many of the conspiracy theories doing the rounds and science denialism.
In this context, the whole "flat earth" lunacy, to use one example, isn't really that surprising.

Whether it's the empty consumerism of the mainstream; gender and race denialism among some on the "left"; or flat earth and evolution denialism among some on the further fringes of the "right" -- they're all just desperate attempts to fill the existential vacuum of the post-Christian era.
I don't get the flat earth thing, I mean even if the earth is flat (which I don't believe), what difference does it make? The first time I came across a flat earther was a few years ago and he was a very over the top Russian Old Believer (they are a schism from mainstream Russian Orthodoxy), now it seems to be popping up in more and more places. My sister over Christmas came out with it but my husband using scientific arguments was able to persuade her away from that belief.

patrick jane

Donator
PI Member
Oh, and I'll add Scientism and "New Atheism" for balance.
Do whatever you want, it's your thread brother. Hopefully, your beliefs will be exposed for the rubbish they are. Nobody defeats the Word of God, who IS Jesus Christ, your Lord and Saviour. It's not too late for you, numb nuts.

Revelation 19:11-17 KJV -
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

Hebrews 4:12 KJV - For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

patrick jane

Donator
PI Member
I don't get the flat earth thing, I mean even if the earth is flat (which I don't believe), what difference does it make? The first time I came across a flat earther was a few years ago and he was a very over the top Russian Old Believer (they are a schism from mainstream Russian Orthodoxy), now it seems to be popping up in more and more places. My sister over Christmas came out with it but my husband using scientific arguments was able to persuade her away from that belief.
Absolutely right, it makes no difference in the lives we live. I only think it's possibly, not likely. It's fun to think about and research. The whole world is starting to know that NASA is Fake, the moon landings were a hoax and if that's true then it's a problem, IMO. It holds the truth of the Bible and God back and keeps 99.999 % of the world population in the dark. I'll post a few scriptures that actually speak more about those that withhold the truth of God and the gospel yet it also fits ANY truth that could point to a creator and hence the need for a Saviour.

I'm not going to win a popularity contest and I may start a Biblical, Enclosed Flat Earth and Firmament (cosmos) Thread. I have one that's a few weeks old on theologyonline.com - Everybody is against me except for a few that again, only think it's POSSIBLE. Again, I'm not really here to socialize, or make friends joy that. You've been very pleasant about it all and YoungDan is very humorous. I'll answer most every personal question you have and people are probably leery of just popping up with the Bible and Conspiracy theories. :sisi1

Last edited:
Top Bottom