Chinese Communist Party bans Hip Hop from TV

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account

Quite right too. This is a degraded and degrading "musical" form. It makes me sick when I see Irish women trying to act and sound like hip hop hoes.

China has banned hip-hop culture and actors with tattoos from appearing on television.

The country’s top media regulator — the State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television of the People’s Republic of China (SAPPRFT) — now “specifically requires that programs should not feature actors with tattoos [or depict] hip hop culture, sub-culture (non-mainstream culture) and dispirited culture (decadent culture),” Sina, a Chinese news outlet, reports.

Gao Changli, director of the administration’s publicity department, outlined four “Don’t” rules on Friday:

Absolutely do not use actors whose heart and morality are not aligned with the party and whose morality is not noble
Absolutely do not use actors who are tasteless, vulgar and obscene
Absolutely do not use actors whose ideological level is low and have no class
Absolutely do not use actors with stains, scandals and problematic moral integrity

Last edited:

Quite right too. This is a degraded and degrading "musical" form. It makes me sick when I see Irish women trying to act and sound like hip hop hoes.

China has banned hip-hop culture and actors with tattoos from appearing on television.

The country’s top media regulator — the State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television of the People’s Republic of China (SAPPRFT) — now “specifically requires that programs should not feature actors with tattoos [or depict] hip hop culture, sub-culture (non-mainstream culture) and dispirited culture (decadent culture),” Sina, a Chinese news outlet, reports.

Gao Changli, director of the administration’s publicity department, outlined four “Don’t” rules on Friday:

Absolutely do not use actors whose heart and morality are not aligned with the party and whose morality is not noble
Absolutely do not use actors who are tasteless, vulgar and obscene
Absolutely do not use actors whose ideological level is low and have no class
Absolutely do not use actors with stains, scandals and problematic moral integrity
It just goes to show they ain't all bad.

Doens't matter. There are tens of thousands of Chinese video streaming websites.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Doens't matter. There are tens of thousands of Chinese video streaming websites.

I wouldn't say that. Mainstream TV still has the greatest cultural power - even in the West. Anyway, it's good to let parents know that Hip Hop is a criminal culture that will make gangsters of their sons and whores of their daughters.

I wouldn't say that. Mainstream TV still has the greatest cultural power - even in the West. Anyway, it's good to let parents know that Hip Hop is a criminal culture that will make gangsters of their sons and whores of their daughters.
You don't know much about websites in the Chinese market, Tadhg. :) It is almost completely different from the Western market and far more speculative. There is even content management software for setting up video streaming sites and the prices on domain names are lower due to discounts.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
You don't know much about websites in the Chinese market, Tadhg. :) It is almost completely different from the Western market and far more speculative. There is even content management software for setting up video streaming sites and the prices on domain names are lower due to discounts.

All of that may be true, but the CCP's control over the media has an enormous influence on the average Chinese parent.

Do Chinese youth ignore Triad culture or does it even exist?

The Yakuza are all over the place in Japanese mainstream culture. I get the corporate suit vibe off the Yakuza and the Triads seem to be more street based.