Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Ireland Charlie Flanagan engages Cameroon born National who posted racist and misogynistic tweets to assist in campaign for Hate Speech legislation

OP
NiceNin

NiceNin

Donator
Premium
PI Member
This made the ST today. Article refers to 'far right' campaign against Brandon.

Sickening fake news article. Completely untrue in terms of fact and should be the subject of a complaint to the Press Council.

I saw it all unfold in real time sitting in Caffè Nero in Grand Canal Dock on a sunny Saturday browsing through tweets. Arrey savaged Gemma in response to her standalone tweet - that's like walking into a bull ring in itself. Flanagan then tweeted in praise of him with a link.

Viewers then scrolled down Arrey's timeline and the old tweets started to fly.

Flanagan's bigotry, the Department's negligence and Arrey's belief in his self-inviolability caused all this shit.

blue velvet

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
Just read it... 😒

conflating the very dodgy Quinn Wars with Oughterard protests.. claiming the far right.. 'exaggerated migrant rape and crime stories'

Short summary.. The only people who don't want hordes of Africans and Muslims in Irish villages are lowlife scumbag types..

Real regime propaganda piece there.. Rubbish churnalism from a UK paper hoping to get the some newspaper dole from the Irish Regime
Was thinking the very same. Justine McCarthy has totally conflated the shenanigans with QIH and the demonstrations against DP centres and put it under the heading of 'alt right' terrorism.

The Quinn business, abduction of Lunney has nothing to do with the asylum protests, or the torching of Kenny's car.

Justine has obviously been watching a lot of GT and John Waters, because she has plenty to add on that.

Vote 4 Change

PI Member
I see now the “Garda stAtion”that was burned down was Abandoned. So it wasn’t a Garda station afterall. Total fake news

Reactions: BSA

blue velvet

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
One thing that was interesting about Justine McCarthy's piece was how isolated Martin Kenny found himself in Ballinamore. Locals let him know that they were 100% behind the asylum protestors by asking him if he was going up to help out, or bring them food.

McCarthy calls this 'subtle intimidation'.

But very heartening to see that Kenny's pro-asylum stance was as popular as a fart in a spacesuit.

BSA

PI Member
Was thinking the very same. Justine McCarthy has totally conflated the shenanigans with QIH and the demonstrations against DP centres and put it under the heading of 'alt right' terrorism.

The Quinn business, abduction of Lunney has nothing to do with the asylum protests, or the torching of Kenny's car.

Justine has obviously been watching a lot of GT and John Waters, because she has plenty to add on that.
Just thinking..

Are the Irish government paying for some of these articles already..? The Sunday Independent and the Sunday Times come to mind?

Some of these... ahem 'articles' are very similar in style and content... conflating several stories..

I wonder...?.. Flanagan, Varadkar an Coveney types would do anything.. Anything... About as much committed to democracy as Pol Pot...

blue velvet

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
Just thinking..

Are the Irish government paying for some of these articles already..? The Sunday Independent and the Sunday Times come to mind?

Some of these... ahem 'articles' are very similar in style and content... conflating several stories..

I wonder...?.. Flanagan, Varadkar an Coveney types would do anything.. Anything... About as much committed to democracy as Pol Pot...
Interesting that the regime are also seeking to conflate the Quinn business with anti asylum protests.

Reactions: BSA
OP
NiceNin

NiceNin

Donator
Premium
PI Member
Just thinking..

Wasn't it not already admitted the State was going to pay MSM to promote Government policy?

I hope they realise being backed by the State doesn't equate with the public buying the end product.

The Tuath .

PI Member
The Regime has its own PR spin machine on megabucks ,paid by us Taxpayers. They make up the fictional propaganda and feed it to the Presstitutes.
I would not use an Irish Newspapers to cover my fish and chips.
Boycott the lieing press and do not pay a TV license.
I've never had a licence . I dont watch tv and if they ever knock I dont bother opening the door . Never let the chancers into your house . The most they'll get is a "no thanks" out the window lol .

BSA

PI Member
Wasn't it not already admitted the State was going to pay MSM to promote Government policy?

I hope they realise being backed by the State doesn't equate with the public buying the end product.
As long as the Irish Government's 'sponsorship' of the newspapers is generous enough... Circulation will be irrelevant..

Pravda never worried about readership levels.. It was just there to disseminate government propaganda...

Top Bottom