Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Ireland Charlie Flanagan engages Cameroon born National who posted racist and misogynistic tweets to assist in campaign for Hate Speech legislation

jpc

PI Member
If you think about it.
He got the right guy.
He's been given full unedited examples of hate speech.
If he cares to read them.
But I guess it's not the right kind of hate speech.

OP
NiceNin

NiceNin

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
If you think about it.
He got the right guy.
I'm not going to assume Minister for Justice Flanagan didn't know what he wasn't he was doing and this man not vetted. There is no evidence or basis to suggest otherwise and Flanagan's "special person" tweet remains intact.

I'm going to assume extreme favouritism and bias was shown to this gentleman by the Minister on the grounds of Mr Arrey's Cameroonian nationality.

Government Anti Hate Speech athlete has raft of outrageous hate filled statements.
27th Oct 2019.

A poster boy for Charlie Flanagan anti-free speech /"Hate Speech" campaign has quite a history of what many people would regard as racist, mysoginistic and homophobic speech online.

The Irish are ‘white New Irish’, other people are "Mexican Silly sausage", "Mexican bastard", Mexican scumbag". Some men are "#Homosexual" Some women are " bitches" others "white whores" who he will make sure to impregnate, according to Minister Charlie Flanagan’s Hate Speech advisor Brandon Arrey. Howard Beale (@Pepomatic) | Twitter.
Charlie said it was a "pleasure" to meet "special people" like Brandon.

Dropbox of pics

Archives of other Brandon Arrey tweets..

1 Twitter
2 Twitter
3 Twitter
4 Twitter
5 Twitter
6 Twitter
7 Twitter
8 Twitter
9 Twitter

Brandon Arrey, 23 year former DCU student originally from Cameroon is an athlete who runs the 400m sprint for Ireland.

(Athletic record European Athletics - Athlete: Brandon Arrey )

He had a photo op with Justice Minister Charlie Flanagan to launch the Government's "hate speech" consultation on Saturday. But it didn't take long for the campaign to unravel.

The man is working with Minister Charlie Flanagan and Deptartment of Justice to criminalise free speech

Charlie Flanagan is the Justice Minister who votes for others in the Dáil "from time to time" and is embroiled in #votegate

Charlie Flanagan admits to voting for other TDs from 'time-to-time'

Hermann Kelly , president of the Eurosceptic and nationalist 'Irish Freedom Party' said:

"The Fine Gael proposal is a full frontal attack on freedom of speech which underpins free debate in an open and democratic society.
Free speech should not depend on either government approval or the subjective perceptions and feelings of those who are minorities or claim to be victims. There are already strong anti-defamation and incitement to hatred laws on the books.

Minister Charlie Flanagan should now explain why a person he chose to launch his anti free speech campaign has tweeted a raft of statements which many people would consider misogynistic, racist and homophobic.
And Mr Arrey who is a talented athlete should explain how he has a right to tell Irish people to change their legislation to give people like himself, as a minority, more legal rights than others and thus create a system of 2 tier legal status in Ireland. All the while Brandon thinks the people of Cameroon should have "freedom of expression." If I went to Cameroon and told them to change their legal system to meet desires of minority Irish I'd be rightly run out of town.

Are Brandon Arrey tweets outrageous? Absolutely.
Should he be able to say them? Absolutely and I defend his right to say so.
But certainly hypocritical of him to front a campaign on the curbing of freedom of speech, a natural right, recognised in our Constitution. Check your privilege Brandon! And check out the hypocrisy of Charlie Flanagan in selecting Brandon Arrey to lecture Irish people in removing their right to free speech. Beyond the irony and hypocrisy, what Fine Gael give is looking to introduce here is an undermining of our very basic rights."

Ends

Hermann Kelly
Irish Freedom Party (president)

G

gaelstree

Non Registered Member
I'm not going to assume Minister for Justice Flanagan didn't know what he wasn't he was doing and this man not vetted. There is no evidence or basis to suggest otherwise and Flanagan's "special person" tweet remains intact.

I'm going to assume extreme favouritism and bias was shown to this gentleman by the Minister on the grounds of Mr Arrey's Cameroonian nationality.
Array said in one of his tweets that Flanagan 'reached out' to him. Basically admitting to being a token black lad for the pushing of this hate speech nonsense.

OP
NiceNin

NiceNin

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
Array said in one of his tweets that Flanagan 'reached out' to him. Basically admitting to being a token black lad for the pushing of this hate speech nonsense.
Oh, being a "special person" in Flanagan's eyes, I'm well sure he did.

I had no idea Charlie Flanagan had such an interest in Cameroonian athletes - until now.

At least the lad can sprint 400m.

😉

G

gaelstree

Non Registered Member
If you think about it.
He got the right guy.
Flanagan has really been caught with his pants down, its completely backfired and hilarious to watch.
Fair play to the lad that recovered 'Brandons' old tweets, its given the establishment a taste of their own medicine.
I'm really starting to believe that those in so called power, arent the brightest.

Top Bottom