Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Ireland Charlie Flanagan engages Cameroon born National who posted racist and misogynistic tweets to assist in campaign for Hate Speech legislation

Wolf

Donator
PI Member

TW Tone

PI Member
Restricted
Charlie Flanagan's imported coloured mate gets a suspended sentence and photo op's with him driving for Dublin Bus while the Paddy gets jail time.

Personally, I'd hang the two of them.......

But that guy is white....

TW Tone

PI Member
Restricted
You see that is exactly the crux of the matter, immigrants to Ireland this last 20 years have been constantly told innacurate strories about Ireland.
It is amazing how ignorant most are of the even recent history of Ireland.
I was talking to 2 Brazilian girls yesterday, I get on well with one, I was saying on this site a while ago how she was complaining about the fact that she could not practise her English properly because there was too many foreigners in Ireland.
Yesterday she introduced me to her friend, we got talking and she asked why I was in Dublin, I said the same as you for work, she seem.puzzled.
I explained to her that people in Ireland have had to.move to the cities from the countryside and abroad since the foundation of the state, she said that's not true, when I convinced her it was true she was surprised, she thought Ireland was like the US where no one had to emigrate and except if they wanted to. This lady had come to.ireland to work as a cleaner after gaining a degree in brasil as a bio chemists.

A common meme (is that the word?) they will come out with is that Ireland was a boring grey place before we were doused in the tsunami of Mass Immigration.

They didn't come up with that themselves, they are told that by Irish Mass Immigrationists.

For the record, would any posters old enough to remember an Irish Ireland care to comment?
My own memories would go as far back as the late 1970s, though I spent many subsequent years overseas.

I never thought of Ireland as grey and dull. I was very happy with my native city, I especially loved knocking around the North Side. Capel Street was full of interesting little shops, very pleasant to wander around. Now it seems all dirty--looking Asian restaurants and dirtier--looking sex shops.
There were lots of foreigners in Dublin. They were welcome because they weren't overwhelming the city.
Now they are.
It's like an airport terminal--so many nationalities jostling each other, all with their individual agendas, in their own world.
Who wants to live in an airport terminal?

Last edited:

Wolf

Donator
PI Member
But that guy is white....
Exactly!
The guy driving children on the Dublin Bus school run isn't......

I know a couple of drivers in there and there's fucking war about having that dirty piece of shite working alongside them, he's shunned by 99% of them.
He'll probably get a decent payoff for a 'constructive dismissal' or some shite.

NotPC

PI Member
A common meme (is that the word?) they will come out with is that Ireland was a boring grey place before we were doused in the tsunami of Mass Immigration.
That's more anti-Irish nonsence to silence any opposition to their plans.

@graceland.com

Donator
PI Member

They didn't come up with that themselves, they are told that by Irish Mass Immigrationists.

For the record, would any posters old enough to remember an Irish Ireland care to comment?
My own memories would go as far back as the late 1970s, though I spent many subsequent years overseas.

I never thought of Ireland as grey and dull. I was very happy with my native city, I especially loved knocking around the North Side. Capel Street was full of interesting little shops, very pleasant to wander around. Now it seems all dirty--looking Asian restaurants and dirtier--looking sex shops.
There were lots of foreigners in Dublin. They were welcome because they weren't overwhelming the city.
Now they are.
It's like living in an airport terminal--so many nationalities jostling each other, all with their individual agendas, in their own world.
Well, I was brought up in Glasgow to Irish parents, every summer we couldn't wait to get to Ireland, Bobby bars, mikados,Kimberley, biscuits, football special in the sixties, we loved coming over.
When older I came to Dublin in 1980 from Scotland, it was anything but grey and dull, I loved all the Irish accents from every county and the ladies, I went out a lot in Glasgow and to me Dublin was much more lively. I came to Ireland then to meet Irish people and girls, at that time country people had their own dance halls they said and the dubs were more your disco types. I was able to navigate both.anyway
You had 3 dance halls in Parnell square which would be classified as country dance halls, you had the Irish club, the National and the Irene, brilliant full of lovely Irish girls. Then you had the Olympic ballroom over off Camden st, the TV club, in Harcourt street and many others, so I was able to go out 7 nights a week to a dance or club, you could not do that in Glasgow in fact pubs were closed on Sunday in Glasgow into the 70s. That's facts for you not some thing I looked up on the I internet. I am at work and will continue later with my observations comparing Dublin to new York and London where I also lived

Last edited:

sighthound

PI Member
I went to dances in big tents Joe Dolan nice country lads not trying to fuck you and feel you they were mannered slightly shy. Good home made dinners no fast food except maybe fishfingers !! Cycling everywhere no dangers out playing and climbing trees and swimming in a river sandwiches. All day on the beach in Achill getting water from the well turf fires and sunday roasts.

Vote 4 Change

PI Member
Well, I was brought up in Glasgow to Irish parents, every summer we couldn't wait to get to Ireland, Bobby bars, mikados,Kimberley, biscuits, football special in the sixties, loved coming over.
When older I came to Dublin in 1980 from Scotland, it was anything but grey and dull, I loved all the Irish accents from every county and the ladies, I went out a lot in Glasgow and to me Dublin was much more lively. I came to Ireland then to meet Irish people and girls, at that time country people had their own dance halls they said and the dubs were more your disco types. I was able to navigate both.anyway
You had 3 dance halls in Parnell sq said which would be classified as country dance halls, you had the Irish club, the national and the Irene, brilliant full of lovely Irish girls. Then you had the Olympic ballroom over off Camden st, the TV club, in Harcourt street and many others, so I was able to go out 7 nights a week to a dance or club, you could not do that in Glasgow in fact pubs were closed on Sunday in Glasgow into the 70s. That's facts for you not some thing I looked up on the I internet. I am at work and will conti ue later woth my observations imprint Dublin to new York and London where I also lived
You deffo didnt look that up on the internet. That was a lived experience in Dublins fair City.

Conall Gulban

PI Member

Now they are.
It's like an airport terminal--so many nationalities jostling each other, all with their individual agendas, in their own world.
I grew up in the 80's and 90's and it was wonderful, really great. Not grey at all. I had a very positive view of Ireland as did all of my mates. Things were on the up. I actually feel a lot of that people born from the mid 70's to 1990 probably experienced 'peak Ireland' whilst growing up. It will never be the same again.

Having said that being 10 years old in 1985 was very different than being 20 years old then.

sighthound

PI Member
homeless charity using immigrants to be described as Irish homeless, they are economic migrants taking an opportunity to get extra free food as well as all the other benefits we give them.

George Dillon

PI Member
I used to go to a firetrap called Bojangles on Leeson Street. When the pubs closed.
Vile wine, if you were foolish enough to order it. We used to smuggle a flask in with us--definitely not wine. Only wine could be sold after hours at that time, and then only with food, tho that was not ever enforced.
It was always extremely hot and without ventilation. I am surprised I never got TB or something of that order.

But the ladies were friendly., and that made up for everything....

Last edited:
Top Bottom