Challenge to Abortion Referendum result in high court

Radioactive

Donator
Political Irish
Threads
A WOMAN WHO previously delayed the enactment of the Children’s Referendum by nearly three years through litigation has lodged a challenge to the abortion referendum in the High Court.

Joanna Jordan attempted to overturn the result of the 2012 referendum but ultimately failed.

Court documents filed show that Jordan will challenge the result under the 1994 Referendum Act, the Sunday Times reported this morning.

Under Irish law, a challenge to a result of the referendum must be filed within seven days of the provisional result of the vote.
Woman who delayed children's referendum outcome for three years takes legal action on abortion result

Well, this is welcome news, one I wasn't expecting despite all the shenanigans going on.

Sadly because of the previous failure by her in failing to stop the Children's Referendum result, I doubt she will have much luck in stopping this one.

I wasn't even aware that she delayed the children's referendum for 3 years. I somehow see the court case for this latest challenge being forced through the courts.

OP
OP
Radioactive

Radioactive

Donator
Political Irish
Threads
I imagine her challenge could be based on the bias of the Oireachtas Committee, Citizen's Assembly and Refcom. The Citizens Assembly is unconstitutional and perhaps she is using their influence in her case to render the result null and void.

She could also challenge on a large number of people coming home to vote, Illegal in itself, or the large number of foreign nationals who voted, Illegal also.

OP
OP
Radioactive

Radioactive

Donator
Political Irish
Threads
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/i...poll-9k5w5tz3t

Joanna Jordan filed High Court proceedings under the 1994 Referendum Act last Friday. Legal challenges against the validity of referendum results must be lodged within seven days of the provisional results being published in Iris Oifigiúil, the state journal. Details of the 66.4% vote in favour of repealing the eighth amendment were published there last Monday.

Jordan, who was described as a housewife in her 2012 court challenge, did not respond to queries yesterday.

A referendum petition may question the outcome on the grounds that the result was materially affected by the committing of an…

YoungStudent

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Such poor losers, you really can't accept the vote and now you revel in the joy of a costly court case.

I wonder who is behind this, Iona of some other American group?

Let's hope the government speed up the case and have the courts hear it as soon as possible.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
Such poor losers, you really can't accept the vote and now you revel in the joy of a costly court case.

I wonder who is behind this, Iona of some other American group?

Let's hope the government speed up the case and have the courts hear it as soon as possible.
Have you changed your mind about your friends seeing who can get pregnant first and than abort now?

The Equaliser

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
Is this not unlike the moaning, miserable remainer wankers here in UK plc? A democratic referendum occurs and the result is not what someone wants. So the lawyer bastards are called upon and they will be gleefully rubbing their filthy hands as they know they will be the only winners.

I wonder if I can retrospectively overturn the six elections Dolly Parton fans Thatcher and Blair won between them? I'm sure, if I have enough money, a lawyer will tell me what I want to hear.

Superhans

Site Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Donator
Premium Account
Threads
Whilst I personally would have rather a NO win the matter should not be delayed any further.

I am not happy at how the referendum went, I even have suspicions of wrongdoing but the result was clear, the No side lost the argument.

We should just move on unless of course, she has evidence of a rigged vote which I doubt.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Whilst I personally would have rather a NO win the matter should not be delayed any further.

I am not happy at how the referendum went, I even have suspicions of wrongdoing but the result was clear, the No side lost the argument.

We should just move on unless of course, she has evidence of a rigged vote which I doubt.

There is certainly no shortage of evidence of bias and illegal behaviour on the part of the Régime. And the Régime has been getting bolder and bolder with each referendum in its illegal activities. I think its a good thing that the courts are used to highlight these illegal activities - when there is no free press to do so.

NickJnr

Staff member
Political Irish
Threads
There is certainly no shortage of evidence of bias and illegal behaviour on the part of the Régime. And the Régime has been getting bolder and bolder with each referendum in its illegal activities. I think its a good thing that the courts are used to highlight these illegal activities - when there is no free press to do so.
Sadly I believe the courts are just as complicit and the government, in the case of the Children's referendum the court agreed the government was wrong to use state money to support their argument but disagreed this unfairly affected the outcome of the referendum. I expect this case will go exactly the same way.

Nicenin

Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
There are many questions to asked about this referendum. From the bias of the Chairperson of the Citizens Assembly, the vicarious dissemination of polling cards, the Minister for Health canvassing with Amnesty who had been in breach of SIPO Order, to the monitoring of the ballot overnight. It is endless.

I'm so worn out with all these constant assaults by all arms of the Establishment against ordinary people. We just want to be left the fuck alone.

toadfish

Political Irish
Threads
I hope she delays the damn thing and an election in between means Fine Gael won't get all the capital from it. Bloodsucking vultures.

Top Bottom