Cervical Cancer Warrior Vicky Phelan endorses Simon Harris for Taoiseach

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
And Honorary Doctorates, lots of them.
I previously admired the woman for her tenacity and as I think she's vulnerable now I'll try to be charitable, and just say I think she's being played.
Emma NicMhathúna RIP wasn't as easily flattered.
We live in an atomised, ratrace society and people suffer a kind isolated solipsism. People feel abandoned and disconnected in a cold, hostile world. And conditions can be such that pregnancy feels like being hemmed into a corner. Mothers in that situation grab at whatever raft is thrown in their direction as way of escaping this feeling of suffocation. Abortion is part of that. And the solution is patriotism, where we can overcome that alienation and recognise our countrymen and women not as forbidding strangers but as potential friends.

Dunno if that abortion mentality I've described is Phelan's mentality exactly. Commending Harris. as she does. is a peculiar insanity. We're getting alot of that insanity since the May catastrophe.

Nicenin

Donator
PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We live in an atomised, ratrace society and people suffer a kind isolated solipsism. People feel abandoned and disconnected in a cold, hostile world. And conditions can be such that pregnancy feels like being hemmed into a corner. Mothers in that situation grab at whatever raft is thrown in their direction as way of escaping this feeling of suffocation. Abortion is part of that. And the solution is patriotism, where we can overcome that alienation and recognise our countrymen and women not as forbidding strangers but as potential friends.

Dunno if that abortion mentality I've described is Phelan's mentality exactly. Commending Harris. as she does. is a peculiar insanity. We're getting alot of that insanity since the May catastrophe.
I reckon Phelan got told she'd get a bullet thru the head if she didn't play ball.

That shower in Texas will have contracts across the globe.

A lot of people with a lot of people power are presently being bought off. Look at all the high profile celebrities who have unilaterally turned on their audiences.

Karloff

PI Member
I thought it was unhealthy and unprofessional - her relationship with Harris and the back and forth between them played out on the airwaves. He is a slimy character and skillfully played her politically and she was happy to be in the limelight and to play her role. The cervical scandal was a direct product of the neoliberal economics Harris epitomises, but she got a couple of million out of the whole thing and the hero-worship of the country so probably has a rose tinged view about the whole thing now, but she needs a reality check - why does she think her opinions on who should run the country have merit?

Nicenin

Donator
PI Member
I thought it was unhealthy and unprofessional - her relationship with Harris and the back and forth between them played out on the airwaves. He is a slimy character and skillfully played her politically and she was happy to be in the limelight and to play her role. The cervical scandal was a direct product of the neoliberal economics Harris epitomises, but she got a couple of million out of the whole thing and the hero-worship of the country so probably has a rose tinged view about the whole thing now, but she needs a reality check - why does she think her opinions on who should run the country have merit?
They are trying to upend Varadkar. His usefulness to One World Government is done/shot.

Ireland is about to get its very own Blair era.

Reactions: Una

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
I reckon Phelan got told she'd get a bullet thru the head if she didn't play ball.

That shower in Texas will have contracts across the globe.

A lot of people with a lot of people power are presently being bought off. Look at all the high profile celebrities who have unilaterally turned on their audiences.
I doubt she would be able to hold her composure as she does if she was threatened.

I think she just enjoys being the regime's cinderella. And she doesn't mind abortion because she likely loves all the English soaps. I know that sounds flippant but I do think the obsession with English soaps has as its byproduct the normalisation of abortion.

Karloff

PI Member
I doubt she would be able to hold her composure as she does if she was threatened.

I think she just enjoys being the regime's cinderella. And she doesn't mind abortion because she likely loves all the English soaps. I know that sounds flippant but I do think the obsession with English soaps has as its byproduct the normalisation of abortion.
They promote abortion culture anyway (and any other issue the elites want disseminated), they are garbage and you shouldn't expect horizon expanding entertainment there.

On Phelan it was kind of a 'one for everyone in the audience' spectacle. She was being showered with gifts (at State expense) and her role was to tell everyone 'these govt people are really good caring folk and everything is alright'.

Nicenin

Donator
PI Member
They promote abortion culture anyway (and any other issue the elites want disseminated), they are garbage and you shouldn't expect horizon expanding entertainment there.

On Phelan it was kind of a 'one for everyone in the audience' spectacle. She was being showered with gifts (at State expense) and her role was to tell everyone 'these govt people are really good caring folk and everything is alright'.
I thought there was something very off when Emma Ni MacMhathuna attended Court and settled her Court case in that Bardot off the shoulder red dress, then was celebrated afterwards for it.

She then died and the cadaver paraded past the Dail.

It seemed to send out the message that dying for the Irish State is a good and noble thing.

And Vicky Phelan clearly doesn't give a fiddler's fuck about her.

gerhard dengler

PI Member
Thinking about this and examining the behaviour, and given what we know about the cervical cancer issue and the states obstruction in disclosing info and admitting liability, one would assume that Phelan would not consort with any politician tied to a state which sought to obstruct her and others.

It would be reasonable to make that assumption.

Phelans behaviour is very puzzling. And some of the theories put forward for her behaviour might well be the truth.

Think about it, you get a condition and not only do the state try to coverup its role in the treatment of that condition, the state actively seeks to sabotage your quest for justice. But later you cosy up to one of the main players in that sabotage. It makes zero sense.

And it is a kick in the teeth to the other 200+ women in this sorry mess

Dublin 4

Donator
PI Member
This is in the context of VP criticising LV so it will cause more harm than good within FG.

Nicenin

Donator
PI Member
Thinking about this and examining the behaviour, and given what we know about the cervical cancer issue and the states obstruction in disclosing info and admitting liability, one would assume that Phelan would not consort with any politician tied to a state which sought to obstruct her and others.

It would be reasonable to make that assumption.

Phelans behaviour is very puzzling. And some of the theories put forward for her behaviour might well be the truth.

Think about it, you get a condition and not only do the state try to coverup its role in the treatment of that condition, the state actively seeks to sabotage your quest for justice. But later you cosy up to one of the main players in that sabotage. It makes zero sense.

And it is a kick in the teeth to the other 200+ women in this sorry mess
It is completely taboo to discuss this, given the woman's illness, but I've noticed quite a few disparaging social media posts elsewhere.

People are waking up to emotional manipulation and spin.

Indeed as you say Phelan's behaviour is most odd.

Her behaviour marries that of media figures in general in the last few years who at a certain point appear to fall into a hypnotic trance and into the clutches of the State in their behaviour and conduct. I for one would like to know exactly what is causing this.

Top Bottom